Yorts Cow Culling

YORT40

View attachment 72986I think this Elk year is a wrap.
Yort Jr. & I took a quick trip to Utah last weekend for a cow hunt.
3 mornings of quad rides into the mountains with temps at -20 gave us a great opportunity to test all of our winter ware. :smiley-yikes:
In the end, Yort Jr. made quick work of the hunt with a 250 yd shot. While I failed to complete my mission.
I was testing out my new 6.5 Creedmoor, which I will now leave at home unless I'm deer hunting, & could not make some longer range pokes.
On the 3rd afternoon I did connect, but after hearing the unmistakable WACK behind the shoulder, this old gal didn't even flinch and ran through the snow with the rest of the group. I tracked the trail in the snow until dark & found nothing.
I would say, "There's always next year". But my oldest daughter is getting married in July & everyone is looking at DADDY to make it happen. So needless to say, my hunting account is getting raped for the next year. :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 0

mouthcallinmatt

Brad has always been a better shot.

Congrats on Bekah getting married. Just tell her that you'll be serving elk at the reception. That should help reduce the cost.

YORT40

mouthcallinmatt said:
Brad has always been a better shot.

Congrats on Bekah getting married. Just tell her that you'll be serving elk at the reception. That should help reduce the cost.
He is a much better shot, Dang it!

With a wife & 2 daughters planning a wedding I'm staying clear, except the repeated constant word, B-U-D-G-E-T!!