Wister Needs

ilovesprig

Reaction score
QUOTE (slinky_70 @ May 20 2011, 08:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321593
Steve,

Put me down for a $100

Thanks Mike...........................PM sent.......................Hope to have that CAT running by next week................. :2:

ps...................Thanks Erik for the leg work on the batteries. If Tony's don't work out (free), your deal is the best ($170.00 each)................ :smiley-clappin-yellow:

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
QUOTE (ilovesprig @ May 20 2011, 08:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321590
Davo,

Buying new may be the best way to go (Wister summers are tough)............Like you said I'm going on Jim's advice.............. :cross-fingers:

Steve,

Turbos on diesels are extremely tough, their life spans are shortened by misuse and lack of maintenance. Propper cool down is essential especially in the heat of summer!

MarDiosa

Reaction score
Rebuilt turbo's are just as good for half the price. A new turbo can can go out just as easy as a rebuilt. Stef's right with the heat being a factor I personally would go with a rebuild. Put pennello down for 100 and I'm working on the rest of the guys. Get back to you on the batteries today!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
QUOTE (KID CREOLE @ May 20 2011, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321599
QUOTE (ilovesprig @ May 20 2011, 08:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321590
Davo,

Buying new may be the best way to go (Wister summers are tough)............Like you said I'm going on Jim's advice.............. :cross-fingers:

Steve,

Turbos on diesels are extremely tough, their life spans are shortened by misuse and lack of maintenance. Propper cool down is essential especially in the heat of summer!

Stefan,

Yeah, I just got off the phone with Jim at ReCat................He said the same thing............... Rick is very aware that MAINTENANCE is the most important factor especially in climes like the Salton Sea.

I'm sure the days of start it and leave it are over........................... ;)

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Well as warned, there's a little fly in the ointment......And of course, I have to remember we're dealing with the state of California........... ;)

Because we're NOT a non-profit organization, we CAN NOT give any monetary valued services or parts for the D-7 without permission from Sacramento. What I have to do is write a letter to Scott asking if it's basically OK for FOW to help him (Wister) with their broken equipment. From there it will go to his supervisor. Who will then send it to Sacramento..................... :15:

Three things that are probably good things that will come from this slowdown......................

1) Any services or materials accepted will be above board and recorded.
2) Gives me more time to get better deals on the parts needed..... Now & in the future.
3) Gives me time to look into or start the process of making FOW a non-profit organization w/ Paypal.

Scott said the process shouldn't be more than a week or two........................ :cross-fingers:

ps..............Anyone familiar with what's required for a non-profit or is it easier just to stay status quo?

pss............Thanks UDH for your donation........Just opened the new FOW checking acct......1st deposit $800.00.............. :smiley_tofrocks:

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Reaction score
QUOTE (ilovesprig @ May 20 2011, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321651
ps..............Anyone familiar with what's required for a non-profit or is it easier just to stay status quo?

You need to set up a corporation with the secretary of state and then put in a request for non-profit status with the IRS.

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
Reaction score
Just got back from Okie ville for a week and and I see Wister club members are on it once again :smiley_10sign: Send me some info Steve I'm down for an ace too :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua: Great to see those who can stepping up It don't matter how much it all adds up :smiley-clappin-yellow:

Friarduck

Reaction score
Just talked to Trig and will be in for $100..............keep up the great work guys
Dan

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Dan (Friarduck) & Mikey (Crimson Crusher),

Thanks for stepping up. I think once the red tape is taken care of, we can really make a difference at "The Club"................ :smiley-clappin-yellow:

I actually came up with another idea today while manning the CWA booth at the Scout-a-Rama at the Mataquay Boy Scout camp.........Since we're not a non-profit, how about I have CWA fix the D-7?...... We buy or get the parts that are needed. Then give them to a CWA rep (authorized vendor) and he gives them to Rick........ :smiley-cool-shades-down:

I really don't care who gets credit for fixing it, as long as the damn machine gets fixed.................SOON!.................... :smiley-banghead-yellow:

ps..............Received 3 checks today...........D Trees, API, & Duckwidow................All Wisterites thank You.............. :smiley_tofrocks:

gab909

Reaction score
Rod, Brandon, or anyone else, If you guys want to meet up in Temecula, I can drive on from here if that would help on the carpooling. We could take my truck, or if the wife isn't looking her new Jeep. Don't know how many kennels we could fit in back, but it would be worth a try. Don't know why my first post didn't come up, but I am good for 100 Steve.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Andy,

Thanks for you donation............ :thumbs-up-ani:

Carpooling may be the ticket this season. I'll start trying to put in more 4 man blinds..................... :lol:

CURT

Reaction score
Sorry been absent awhile. Please put me in for $100. send me mailing details. Also just an IDEA if anyone knows a non profit you could have them cut a donation check and give them the $$$$ back and a small donation for the effort.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
QUOTE (QUACKERWHACKER @ May 22 2011, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321808
Sorry been absent awhile. Please put me in for $100. send me mailing details. Also just an IDEA if anyone knows a non profit you could have them cut a donation check and give them the $$$$ back and a small donation for the effort.

Thanks Curt (different Quackerwhacker)........................... :smiley_tofrocks:

That's pretty much my idea with either CWA or DWU (Desert Wildlife Unlimited/Leon Lusika)...........I'll contact them both tomorrow........... :message-tacked:

gab909

Reaction score
4 man blinds would be sweet, I am sure Rip would love to take her cot out! Hell I'll even bring mine and have Deb wake me when she gets her limit, so then I know for sure it is my turn.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Brandon (sitonmyface),

Nice seeing you today. And of course, thank you for your contribution to FOW...................... :smiley_10sign:

Ps..............We will need some hog wire for those blinds. I'll check to see what's out at Wister. I know there was some left over from building the S20 blinds..........Suggested island blinds are in W12, Y16B, 513C.