Wister - has the fat lady sang yet?

BJJ223

Reaction score
In December, we all had hopes that early January would bring birds. So far, that is not looking like it will happen. Averages are in the 1.0 to 1.25 bird range. In your opinion, is there still hope for this season? A high pressure system in Utah and warm weather is not helping. Klamath still does not have temperatures in the teens.

Should we just man up and accept that the 2017/2018 season sucked big time for us in Socal.

Any prognostications?

Rudso

Reaction score
Maybe this storm will push some down? I guess it's a good year for not drawing much. I'll be at Wister this Saturday with my only ressi drawn.

1984cj7

Reaction score
looks like duck hunting weather outside right about now.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
wiggie said:
looks like duck hunting weather outside right about now.
Yeah since birds decoy good in gray skies huh?
I love gray skies, so I can see birds, and it drops the temps from 90 to 80............ :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

pcduffy

Reaction score
And this....

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

imateamroper2

Reaction score
History lesson.
It was the Japanese that bombed pearl harbor.yea it was over when we dropped the bomb on them.

pcduffy

Reaction score
Rrrrrright... I get that screwed up every time... like the guy in "Animal House" :smiley-yellow:

earl55

Reaction score
Chris said:
Rrrrrright... I get that screwed up every time... like the guy in "Animal House" :smiley-yellow:
Dont mess him up he is on a roll

ilovesprig

Reaction score
ImaTeamRoper2 said:
History lesson.
It was the Japanese that bombed pearl harbor.yea it was over when we dropped the bomb on them.
It was?....Damn!....Thanks Ropes, learn something everyday........... :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

Animal House.....https://youtu.be/q7vtWB4owdE

duck-boy

Reaction score
History Lesson #2-watch Animal House

Lol, lots of kids here are probably like, "what's animal house?"

Nice sunrise Chris

pcduffy

Reaction score
just have to reset expectations...it may seem crazy, but i'll drive out just to shoot my one pintail...i'm easy to please

Back to the original question, I do think greenwings and shoveler will show up en mass before this is over

1984cj7

Reaction score
Wiggie, i'm not a full blown ducker.. but I do jump a few around the valley when the kiddo wants one. What do you mean by your comment?

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
ImaTeamRoper2 said:
History lesson.
Funniest Internet-Fact-Corrector moment I've seen in a long time.

As far as the season being over, far from it. There are definitely opportunities out there still & some guys are finding them. Just need to think outside the norms & be willing to stay out til the end.

wiggie

Reaction score
ivhunter said:
Wiggie, i'm not a full blown ducker.. but I do jump a few around the valley when the kiddo wants one. What do you mean by your comment?
I hate gray sky duck hunting. Gray skies are like sunglasses for waterfowl, they can pick you out like you wouldn’t believe IMO. Obviously there are exceptions.....right kind of fog or stormy conditions (in the right places). But I’ll take cold and sunny over any conditions