Winter Blues

YORT40

Reaction score
Ready for some whining? :4ku6495_th:
It's that time of the year again. :angry:
This is when I start looking at all my maps & open up Google Earth to view all the areas I would like to hike up into. I get all pumped to go somewhere, but I go outside and look at 5' of snow piled up everywhere. So I think to myself, if I can't hike anywhere, I better get off the gym life cycle and start running outside in the elements. So last week I take off on my summer route of a 6 mile jont. With the temps. at about 15 degrees, my lungs are burning while sucking in the cold air. But this is pretty much normal for a run in the winter, I've learned that these conditons require a little pain to get ready for the spring hikes.
Well, that was last Sunday. Since then I've been either in bed or at work hacking up lung biscuits & trying to knock down severe head & chest congestion.
Must be gettting too old for this crap!
Anyways, there it is. Someone e-mail me a tissue! :smiley-bag-on-head:

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
At least you made the initial run. I cant even get myself up to that point :smiley-bag-on-head:

youngr24

Reaction score
It seem that i can't get two runs in a row in. something will happen, last week it was the knee, week before last the ankel, this week the back, damn it sucks gettin old. i hit the fourty year old mark acouple of months back and i seem to be falling apart. ok im done whining

hank4elk

Reaction score
No runs for me in this snow,but lots of hikes...can't park closer than 1/2 mile of my place.Snowing heavy still since last night.I get in lots of hikes up on the mesas,and glassing,but not today.Yort you just gotta go with slow is pro sometimes...I'm still going strong and I'm 55.Get well bro!