Wifeys OV Archery Tule Bull

BigWave

Reaction score
What an adventure!!!

There were a few ups and downs. She missed a world class bull at first light opening morning. Some amazing spot and stalks only to get spoiled. Spotted this guy Monday morning and wifey and I made a sweet stalk on him. Played cat and mouse for a little while to head him off in the willows. We finally got to a spot where he would eventually walk across in front of her. From 16 yds he spotted us and froze with his vitals obstructed by brush. He slowly trotted off into an opening, I cow called to stop him and she made a perfect shot at 36 yds. He was down in 80 yds. She is still on cloud 9! Couldn't have asked for a better crew to share this adventure with!!

Now we're headed for our favorite eastern Sierra deer hunt!! Best of luck to all of you out there this season!!

Attachments

• IMG_9045.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2936.jpg
    IMG_2936.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9076.jpg
    IMG_9076.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9081.jpg
    IMG_9081.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 3

Ambush

Reaction score
Very nice work as usual. Hard to believe she misses. Nice funky bull.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

BigWave

Reaction score
Grilled tenderloins, garlic mashed taters, zucchini with onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil. Hands down the finest meal I have ever had........

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0

BigWave

Reaction score
This was one of our top bulls on the list. Dropped in to the valley where we put him to bed the night before the opener. Heard him bugle from about 300-400 yds away. Cow called a few times. I was set up about 40 yds. behind wifey with the decoy. I looked over at the wife and saw her at full draw! He came in silent from the right where I couldn't see him. He stood 18 yds. away from me looking right at me, but she had no shot. He busted away into a clearing and I cow called to stop him, which he did. She guessed him a little short and shot right under him.

Attachments

• IMG_8976.jpg
    IMG_8976.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Outstanding... Congratulations Lorie. There's not many people on planet earth who have taken a Tule elk in modern times with a bow and arrow. Welcome to the club... Ed F

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Hell yeah Dave! Great character on that bull.

I know a good deer will hit the dirt soon.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
THAT RIGHT THERE MY FRIEND..IS PRICELESS!! WELL ABOVE AVERAGE!! GOOD GOD I TRULY LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! and of course September 1st..see any dove??

BigWave

Reaction score
Ike said:
That's awesome, congrats to her....My buddy killed a good one also!
Was your friend the guy from Sac George? If so, we talked to them the day before opener. Nice guy. We had a plan with them for the opener and it was cool. We actually watched them go around the backside and stalk in on the bull he said he really wanted. Heard the next day that he got it! Pretty cool!! Watched that bull get his ass kicked and his cows taken away by the bull that we were trying to get. Epic stuff man!! Congrats to your friend!!!

'Ike'

Road Trip!
Reaction score
BigWave said:
Was your friend the guy from Sac George? If so, we talked to them the day before opener. Nice guy. We had a plan with them for the opener and it was cool. We actually watched them go around the backside and stalk in on the bull he said he really wanted. Heard the next day that he got it! Pretty cool!! Watched that bull get his ass kicked and his cows taken away by the bull that we were trying to get. Epic stuff man!! Congrats to your friend!!!
BigWave said:
And George, his was the palmated, crowned point 7x7, right?
Yes sir, Danny is a good guy and I'm way happy for him as with your wife...I put him into that area knowing, that'd be a place to get it done...Amazing place, the Owens Valley!

Sounds like the numbers were good too, can't believe only three (3) tags now...

JNDEER

Reaction score
Figured it was only a matter of time before the report. Congrats on a great archery bull and best of luck on the rest of your busy season.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Damn good bull! Congrats and that's a great family photo, Xmas card this year?

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Love the family pic. Great family event. Congrats to the missus.