Where do you hunt Muleys?

Hunt4life

Reaction score
My favorite place to hunt Muleys is Wyoming. I like the wide open spaces, and rocky canyons were Muleys like to hide. I killed my best buck in my home state of Ca. out of high desert. I'd rather sit tight and glass to find the bucks, then make a plan on how to get to them.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
D19 and AO. My First choice is always G**, but I haven't been drawn... YET.

DeltaDan

"So this dyslexic alcoholic walked into a bra.....
Reaction score
Oakley, California (via Brentwood- about 4 miles d
I hunt D-5 primarily in the Mokulmee Wilderness.

As hard as it is to be successful- I truly enjoy it and know it fairly well. I love to go high even though better odds are to stay lower.

My last sucess was in 2000- Tagged out my limit for the year. (The second one was on private land near west point)

Been eating tag soup since then with two stupid blown opportinities for a kill. :eek:

That hunting !! :eek:

00BuckShot

You can have my guns when you rip them from my col
Reaction score
I am fairly new to Mule Deer, so I stayed pretty close to home D14. I didn't get one this year but I learned a lot about scouting and became a lot more familiar with the area. Better luck next season.

BigDog

Reaction score
Well, hunting on my property in X3A would have to be my favorite. However, because of the draw, I have only been drawn once it over a dozen years and got skunked that year. So, I hunt them with a camera. And chase Blacktails for food.

[email protected]

Reaction score
D-14 for the last few years..... I jumped a real nice looking doe and fawn in D-11 last month while quail hunting. Think I'm gonna try D-11 next year.

My brother and I hunted D-14 and only saw some tracks. About a week later, a good friend of my brother took a good size bear outta the same canyon we camped in.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
Welcome aboard I Lyk Fyr :afraid_face:

My pal Westy tagged 2 bucks in d-14 last season. He's blanked in the previous 10 seasons.

Beastslayer

Reaction score
I killed my best buck in my home state of Ca. out of high desert. I'd rather sit tight and glass to find the bucks, then make a plan on how to get to them.

Really Mel? That background in your avatar does not look like a desert. So, you must have gotten one bigger than that. Show us the picture!

For me, it's D14 and got my best, a 4x4, the other year (I've written the story in this forum). I used to target for premium zones but I figure that my chances for D14 by going there every weekend is lot higher than one or two trips at the X zones. So I no longer bother to participate in the drawing. I'm still hoping for an achery kill on A zone (Santa Barbara) or D14 at an early archery season or late rifle season during the rut. Had tag soup last year and 4 years before last.

hank4elk

Reaction score
D7 , but they ain't non thar' and Utah when I can.NM next. Maybe the odds god's will hit me with a Round club!

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I hunt them anywhere I can get a tag usually. Have gotten them in Utah, Colorado, and CA. Local I love D-14 have gotten my deer there almost every year with a rifle but switch last year to a/o and a-31 for more of a challange.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
To be determined at a later date...when the draws are complete.

hank4elk

Reaction score
To be determined at a later date...when the draws are complete.
Good point!

2rocky

Reaction score
Blacktails in A zone and B zone in CA

Mule Deer in the past (2005,2006) in Wyoming, and this year, Nevada.
Future Utah, Idaho, Montana Oregon, Colorado, California...

Favorite terrain is probably above 7000 feet, but Coastal Canyons in California molded me.

Ekwo

Reaction score
My two favorite places are Alberta and British Columbia. I should draw in Alberta next year.

hank4elk

Reaction score
It's my last year for CA,Azone and x9a. I'll hunt more open areas there this year,practice for NM.I drew NM unit 7. open mesas and PJ's.