What's your Avatar about???~

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.
Reaction score
Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared
................. 'cept for Colusa's................

My avitar was actually taken by my daughter 2 years ago on the last day of the duck season. She wouldn't sit in my blind being that it was a cement tube and the percussion played heck on her ears. So she grabbed my camera and sat outside the blind and started taking pics.

Unfortunately..... I didn't stress hard enough that if daddy was blowin' on his call to sit still and take no pics.

As it turns out.... the last flock of the day happened to be about 14 GWT locked up and comin' smack dab into the dec's right in front of me.

I hear this "CLICK"........ birds pull a Blue Angels at mach speed straight up and over us at 9 thousand yards.......

I leaned over the edge of the blind and in my softest, bestest daddy voice, reminded her of our conversation regarding when daddy is on his call......

She, being dressed out from head to toe in her brothers camo and waders 3 sizes too big and just lookin' so damm cute pipes up:

"I know daddy.... but when I looked up.... and saw the sunset..... and the water and the decoys.... it just looked SO pretty I just had to take a picture right there and then."

All I could do was just smile and tell her "I REALLY hope it comes out good."

A couple of day later after I decided to upload the pics.... the warden was over my shoulder and picked it out. The whole story unfolded when I took the picture in and started to process the surroundings of events that it was taken.

And when I actually log onto TOF and she's around, she always pipes up: "There's our picture."

Ended up with 6 birds on that last day........ and a memory that will last a lifetime.

Lujack

Mr. September
Reaction score
Mine is just me with the things I like best, dead honkers.

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.
Reaction score
Mine is the only other girl that lives at our house, when she was a puppy. Molly. :smiley_welcome_sign:

GoneBirding

UPLAND NUT
Reaction score
That right there is my boy "Blaz" a DK,
Passed out after a hunt on his favorite bed!

rowdyval

Reaction score
Well I cycle through a few of my favorites but right now it is Hawk on his second duck hunt. Steam was coming out of his vest and I loved the look he had. It was like he was telling me less pictures and more shooting ducks.

arlow

Reaction score
I saw mine somewhere else and just found it interesting. :smiley_welcome_sign:

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Mine is of my dad and I with my biggest bow kill hogg.

pitdog

Old and grumpy
Reaction score
Mine is from the blind that my dad and his now deceased friend built 25 years ago in the Salton Sea. It's now on land but fortunately I was able to take some friends there 2 years ago (when it had water) and I think they all had a good time/hunt.

By the way the water was leaving, I knew the food was getting scarce and I needed to share it with more friends, other than my friend Westy... So on what I thought would be the last possible season there, I shared it with my brothers. I think all totaled I brought my brother Michael, Joe Wolf, Westy, Bigmac, FForF, Ghandi, Ruben, Caldrake, ESSpossy, Arise, 00Buck, Gonebirden, Skunk, Maverick, Rick, DKscott, ODP, BillinSD, Koz, KID and Gooseslayer in that order. I had some great hunts there and I will always miss that blind. Damn shame it's gone.

Kinda makes me stare out the window and think.... Damn, the Angels got jacked tonight and all I care about is that old pile of wood on the north shore... :smiley_welcome_sign:

WinMag1

I'm your Huckleberry!
Reaction score
Vancouver, WA The Pacific Northwest by way of So.
I work the night shift :smiley_welcome_sign:

[Edit]
In reality, I've been in the Safe & Vault industry the last 25+ years. Mostly as it relates to cash management in the banking world but many other aspects over the years as well.
From high security jewelry safes, retail chain accounts, restaurants, big box stores, to homeowners wanting a hidden secure place to stash some valuables etc. Right down to
billionaires with more money than God, wanting their elaborate wine cellar accented by an impressive 15-20 thousand pound Vault Door.
I've been involved in most aspects of Sales, Service & Installation.

Anyway, I liked the graphic and thought it was a good representation of what I've been doing the last 25 years.

Oh, and just for clarification, because as I understand it the secretary will disavow any knowledge of my actions I spend my nights at home. :smiley_tofrocks:

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.
Reaction score
Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared
Mine is from the blind that my dad and his now deceased friend built 25 years ago in the Salton Sea. It's now on land but fortunately I was able to take some friends there 2 years ago (when it had water) and I think they all had a good time/hunt.

By the way the water was leaving, I knew the food was getting scarce and I needed to share it with more friends, other than my friend Westy... So on what I thought would be the last possible season there, I shared it with my brothers. I think all totaled I brought my brother Michael, Joe Wolf, Westy, Bigmac, FForF, Ghandi, Ruben, Caldrake, ESSpossy, Arise, 00Buck, Gonebirden, Skunk, Maverick, Rick, DKscott, ODP, BillinSD, Koz, KID and Gooseslayer in that order. I had some great hunts there and I will always miss that blind. Damn shame it's gone.

Kinda makes me stare out the window and think.... Damn, the Angels got jacked tonight and all I care about is that old pile of wood on the north shore... :smiley_welcome_sign:

IF by chance I never told ya......

Thank you............ again.

Etched forever in my memory. :smiley_tofrocks:

Pssssssssssssssssssssssst: Next time............. could ya MAYBE SPELL MY NAME RIGHT...... friend???????

Soreloser

Reaction score
I change mine pretty often, but currently this is one of my little buddies that I talked into taking a nap this year and then made him famous. I just think he looks so cute sleeping on that rock.

He really got into it and started playing dress up once he woke up.

View attachment 14166

Attachments

• summer_678.jpg
    summer_678.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 23

Huntducks

Reaction score
I change mine for what i'm hunting at the time.......

Need to put up a waterfowl one.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
duckie jr. all decked out and ready to go ....8yrs ago........im not sure if we actually went hunting that afternoon or not......found the picture diggin thru a stack of oldies......im sure it was pre hunt cuz i dont see any mud.....he used to be a mud magnet!! cant count on two hands how many mud pits i have rescued him from....."dad....im stuck again.....my shoe is back ther"... :smiley-shakehead-blue: damn kids aint they great!!

btw....that 870 is the one my grandpa gave me when i was 13.....she still sneeks out every now and then to wack a dove or 2

muledeer07

Reaction score
The end of one of the best duck hunts I've had at Wister in a long long time, 5 mallards, drake widgeon and bull sprig. And for once Spirit got every bird. He's not the most energetic lab I've ever had or the best retriever, but this day HE DID GOOD.