What ever happened to real "parents" ??

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.
Reaction score
oh, I would like to say something in defense of the hispanic kids. I work with a lot of 4 y.o. kids and the hispanic ones do tend to act like that in front of mom, BUT..in class when momis not around they are often (not always) the best behaved kids...the white , I'm sorry, The "non-hispanic" kids are the over induldged brats much of the time!

Hispanic families are not afraid to spank their children however some mothers don't really believe that their children are acting up as much as they 'could be'. I remember when I acted up in church one time when I was like 7 and my nana thumped me so hard my ear hurt for a week. She told me in Spanish - "Shut up or god will hurt you more".

Ahh the good old days.

As for the white children...come on there are just as many 'white' parents out there just like hispanics who are all about the "TIME OUT" factor that it is rediculous. The one time that my daughter tells me that she is going to call CPS First thing out of my mouth is gonna be.

"Well go outside and beat the shizzle out of yourself and call from a payphone because their not going to recognize you once you pick up that phone in my house"

*Ahh Parenting. What a great Experience! . . ."

they are still better behaved in class overall, maybe because they have stronger family values...

Queenofthepink

Reaction score
I agree with you. Thats more than likely correct. Another reason may be because they know that they can get away with that kind of acting around their mother however, once you (Im assuming you are a teaching individual of somekind, teacher, daycare, afterschool program) tell their parents how they have been acting in class, that would prob be a diff story for the parents.

In the words of George Lopez;

"Why, you crying?"

smallblockfuelie

Reaction score
I had to stand in line the other day with a kid behind me laying on the ground kicking and screaming because she couldn't have any candy. Her parents finally caved in to get her to shut up .... I wonder why she throws a fit like that?????

00BuckShot

You can have my guns when you rip them from my col
Reaction score
It's funny....I actually had CPS show up on my doorstep one afternoon. Apparently I had spanked my child in front of the wrong individual one too many times. The gentleman walked into my livingroom (invited in of course) and proceeded to ask me a few questions. They were to the point and pretty specific. He asked if he could see the kid's room, making sure he comented that he didn't have any warrant or anything and that I could refuse. I didn't have anything to hide. My children are very well taken of. After getting his answers he looked at me and stated that he "wished more parents were like us." We never heard from them again. Guess I passed!!!!

BTW...the spankings continue, although not as necessary anymore.

RTIN

Reaction score
With my three kids a firm voice and a firm look from me is all that is needed most of the time. I really don't believe in spanking although as a parent I do think it is nessesary in some instances but never in public. If my kids get out of line in public they know the drill, we leave and no more fun for the day and if we are in a store and they wonder too far from me their hand automatically goes in my back pocket and there it stays untill we leave the store. Funny story just the other day, we went to one store they got out of line,they got the look as we proptly left the store. The next store we went into as we were checking out the cleark says,your children are very well behaved in the store. Consistancy pays I truly believe.