what do you have?

barel74

Reaction score
well, my hand got forced. An Omega, weathershield/synthetic stock, came up on CalGuns classified adds for $150, only fired 6 times, so he says. $168 to my door, in almost new condition, couldn't pass it up. So, although I still haven't held one, one is on the way.

thanks again for all the input :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

hank4elk

Reaction score
Mine is same model Barrel, I think you'll like it. Only change I'm making to mine is fill the stock with foam,can't stand that hollow feeling of those kind of stocks. Get some BH 209 , Win. 209 shotgun primers, 250Grn Barnes bullets and head to the range. The Barnes will be hard to ram/seat for a while so a bench ram w/handle comes in handy. Mine cost $100 more...you got a good deal.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
CVA Accura w/ Bushnell scope accurate groups 250 yds, Fluted barrel. gun is well balance.

barel74

Reaction score
My "new to me" Omega showed up yesterday. Looks great, and bpnclark, you're right, the "lever" doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would. Depending on the weather, gonna try to get out and test it with the open sights this weekend, before putting some glass on it.

hank4elk

Reaction score
QUOTE (barel74 @ Jan 12 2011, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=305333
My "new to me" Omega showed up yesterday. Looks great, and bpnclark, you're right, the "lever" doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would. Depending on the weather, gonna try to get out and test it with the open sights this weekend, before putting some glass on it.

Have you tried it yet Barrel?

barel74

Reaction score
shot a couple times at 100 yds just to make sure everything worked. Free hand, open sights, both inside 4", and felt pretty good. When I get a chance, I'll shoot it from a bench at some longer distances. I used powerbelt 250gr and 2 50gr pyrodex pellets. I need to find some copper so I can kill some hogs with it. Anyone else shooting a ML in the condor range?

Also, on the fence on whether to put glass on it or not. If I draw an out of state hunt where glass is allowed, I'll put a scope on it. Till then, open sights it is.

hank4elk

Reaction score
QUOTE (barel74 @ Feb 1 2011, 05:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=308706
shot a couple times at 100 yds just to make sure everything worked. Free hand, open sights, both inside 4", and felt pretty good. When I get a chance, I'll shoot it from a bench at some longer distances. I used powerbelt 250gr and 2 50gr pyrodex pellets. I need to find some copper so I can kill some hogs with it. Anyone else shooting a ML in the condor range?

Also, on the fence on whether to put glass on it or not. If I draw an out of state hunt where glass is allowed, I'll put a scope on it. Till then, open sights it is.

I'm using 250 Barnes TMZ ,100gr Blackhorn 209, and I put a Nikon BDC scope on a Talley base. 4 screws and the scopes off. But here in NM scopes are legal. The Barnes shoot real good! I feel confidant out 200 yrds now.

hank4elk

Reaction score
Any new ideas or loads to try? No new posts in a while. I'm switching to the Barnes TEZ's, as the TMZ's are a bummer to load,but they shoot great.Maybe I just need to put a bunch more through it. Have an bull elk hunt coming up,during the rut!!

barel74

Reaction score
I've just been shooting the last of my power belts at paper and coffee cans full of water. I still need to track down something in copper to use it to hunt around here. Sure do love the Omega, though. Light years ahead of the CVA I had. One of these days I'll kill something other than jugs of water with it.

hank4elk

Reaction score
Try the Barnes sabots and BH 209, 209 shotgun primers, and you will be pleasantly surprized. Very accurate and clean!!