Watches? Suunto, Casio Pathfinder???

Brushstomper

Reaction score
Hey does any one have or use any of these fancy hi-tech watches that have altimeter, barometer, compass and thermometer on them? I think they are pretty cool just not sure how reliable they are or if one is better than the other. Amazing if they actually work well. Any ideas?

Hunt Crazy in CA

Reaction score
sittin on GODS porch lookin through 15s at his des
I have the casio pathfinder....I think....has all those listed above works great....I have noticed the alt is about 200' off......I got it from costco for 69 bucks....nomally $200.....but if I was going to spend 200 it throw a lil extra on and get the sunoto I know Bigwave has one and a friend of mine just got one and that thing is sweet!!!

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
I've owned the Suunto Core for 8+ years...dig it!  Take a look at the Suunto Ambit....has GPS capabilities and a bunch of features.

I don't trust my life to one, but it's good for stalking with a compass for directions and gives you a heads up on a weather front moving in.

Edit...Or maybe i have the Vector, hell i don't know.

Brushstomper

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! A/S do you have any issues with battery life on your Suunto?

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Brushstomper said:
Thanks for the input guys! A/S do you have any issues with battery life on your Suunto?

Nope.....change it every two years or so and all's good.

Brushstomper

Reaction score
It's amazing the things these watches can do! I remember when the calculater watch was the $hit!!!! I am slobbering over the Suunto Core Military one right now.

BigWave

Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
Suunto core black ops... love it. Ed F

Yup, same one I have.  Its a bad ass watch, and it does all that advertised very well!

nicapopolis

Reaction score
I have heard that the watches with thermometers can be off a little do to body heat. Do any of you experience this with your watches? Or have heard of this?

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Yes.... you have to take it off to get an accurate temp reading... I think that goes for all watches. Ed F

paulc

Reaction score
Timex indiglo.  It lights up when I push the button.  When it quits working I throw it away and put the next one on.  GPS tells you everything else, except temp right???

weekender21

Reaction score
I have a Sunto Vector, one of the older models. 2006ish. The compass has stopped working but it does keep good time. I'd like to try one of the newer models, haven't been too impressed with this one. But.....I hate any tech device that requires me to read a manual. 

sloth1833

Reaction score
Casio G-Shock, I think i paid $60-ish for it over 7 years ago. Never needs batteries (solar), water resistant to 20 bar (670ft), tells time, date and day, stop watch, timer, alarms, back lit face. GPS takes care of the rest.