Waiting Game

Fowl Play

So been out of the serious archery game for about 10 years. But what do you know, getting out of LA ignited the fire again. I can finally set up a small range in my backyard and good archery shops are closer than 1.5hrs away. Drove around to 3 different shops and shot all the new bows I could last week -- Prime, Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews, Elite. First off, I think I would have been happy walking out with any of them... all fine bows. But decided on the Hoyt Helix, even shot their new Carbon RX-3's and preferred the Helix -- allot cheaper too. Didn't have the color I wanted (Storm) so placed the order and now the waiting game begins! Said it might be 4 weeks. Might be enough time to plan an archery trip so I don't have to "only" shoot 90lb South Florida deer this year. Wanted to do Kansas Whitetails, but forgot to apply for tags! So maybe I'll explore Oklahoma nearby... Anyone else get new gear this year?

Skeet

buck feaver
Daughter got a few new softball bats lol that's where all my money has been going lately but congrats on the new bow glad your getting back into it

photohunter

The new bows seem to be a lot faster and quieter than they used to be. It's awesome you're getting back into archery. I'm prepping for desert hunting this year. Got a new 7 pin sight and a verifier peep sight so I can see the sight pins. Also got a ultimate predator decoy, 12 volt air compressor so I can let down my tires, and a hi-lift jack.

Fowl Play

C1: Gator hunting starts Sept 5th for me, hoping to have a gator bites party and some boots afterwards :)

PhotoHunter: Hope to see some good in the field photos later this year! Think I might try one of these new 3 pin or 2 pin sliders from Spott Hogg, leaning towards 3 pin so have the ability for 3 "fixed" pins for whitetail stand hunting, then have the ability to slide for some 3D shooting or dialing in a shot out west.

Nic: And I hear you there! My old bow had seen better days, so decided to do the buy once cry once thing... wife hasn't seen the bill yet though :smiley-yikes: lol Honestly walked into the shop with Hoyt last on my list, just cause it seems like that's what all the "cool kids" are shooting these days. But after shooting that Helix, at least for me, I see why Hoyt got the name for itself.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Fowl Play said:
C1: Gator hunting starts Sept 5th for me, hoping to have a gator bites party and some boots afterwards :)

PhotoHunter: Hope to see some good in the field photos later this year! Think I might try one of these new 3 pin or 2 pin sliders from Spott Hogg, leaning towards 3 pin so have the ability for 3 "fixed" pins for whitetail stand hunting, then have the ability to slide for some 3D shooting or dialing in a shot out west.

Nic: And I hear you there! My old bow had seen better days, so decided to do the buy once cry once thing... wife hasn't seen the bill yet though :smiley-yikes: lol Honestly walked into the shop with Hoyt last on my list, just cause it seems like that's what all the "cool kids" are shooting these days. But after shooting that Helix, at least for me, I see why Hoyt got the name for itself.
Check the MBG Ascent 3 pin. It is badass, and easy to use, and doesn't cost $1,000... 0-100yds and didn't take much pain to setup.

Fowl Play

Well was looking at the Spott Hogg Fast Eddie, but really liking the features of those Black Gold sites now. Now look what you did, started looking at the Ascent Verdics, but that micro click pin adjustments on the Pro is super slick, don't know if I can convince myself it's worth the extra coin yet (for the pin adjustment feature).

BOWUNTR

New bow and pack for me this year... cannot wait to get this party started... I love bowhunting. Ed F