Vortex Fury? Optics upgrade for 2017

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-fury-10x42-binocular

The warden and I are stepping up our optics game. Reeeaaalllly like the vortex guarente/warranty!! We Have looked through the Razors and the Vipers, pretty hard to justify double the price on the razors. But the range finder addition on the Furrys has me intrigued.

Who's rolling with Vortex?

Any thoughts?

SBISHOP79

Reaction score
I really like my vipersHD 10X42. they work great, and what's even better the warranty. I Drop mine on some rocks and broke the glass in them. I sent them back to vortex expecting to pay for replacement but vortex replace the glass free of charge.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I really like the idea of a bino and range finder all in one. As for Vortex they take a beating for sure there what I have on my fire engine and are some really clear glass

JNDEER

Reaction score
bino with rangefinders in them have to limit the layering on the glass to make the rangefinder work. IE they are not HD glass and may lack in that category. IMO the razor are a big step up from the vipers especially in FOV.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
JNDEER said:
bino with rangefinders in them have to limit the layering on the glass to make the rangefinder work. IE they are not HD glass and may lack in that category. IMO the razor are a big step up from the vipers especially in FOV.

Thanks for the input..... I need to read that review that you wrote again.

montana13

Reaction score
A LOT of people have had experience with their great warranty, including myself. I prefer to have a product that doesn't need repairs. The warranty does you no good in the field. I would rather buy a used bino from one of the better brands.

ofdscooby

Reaction score
check the fine print on the range finding side I've found that many companies with great warranties on glass dont have a very good warranty on the electronics so look closely because they are bound to break

TheGDog

Reaction score
My fav product from them are my 8x28 Daimondbacks. I have the 10x42's... but for some reason the 8x28's are clearer. And tons lighter and a bit better eye relief. I have their 11-33x50mm Razor Spotter as well. I bet if they put a belt-clip on the straight version of that spotter that one device could be your do-everything optic. But yeah... realistically for most non open-country hunting... the 8x28's are all you'd really need. Easy to hold'em steady to.