Virus Problem.... malware?

Reaction score
OK... I know this has nothing to do with this board but I was hoping maybe someone here might be able to help me. I have a virus called "wp32/backdoor.aaol" on my computer at home and it is virtually unusable it is sooooo slow. I called timewarner and was informed that the antivirus program that adelphia gave you for free ( freedom ) was not supported by them (which is why I probably have an outdated virusprotection problem) and I can download another one from timewarner for free. Too late for me but anyone that has not migrated from adelphia to time warner yet might want to do so. Any way.... any geniuses on this site have any ideas for me??? I tried a google search and others on the virus but am findind out that it is a "malware"? and cannot be deleted. Not easily at least. Could use some help here.....
Thanks
:smiley_rotflmao: Ken

A

Another hunter

You can try some on line cleaners like PC-cillin (Trend Micro) or download Microsoft's Defender program. The real solution is to spring for a real anti-virus software like Symantic's Norton and keep it up to date. Cheap and money well spent.

smallblockfuelie

Reaction score
If you've got a virus download Avast. When you install it there will be a window that asks if you want to run a preboot (something like that, it's been a long time since I had to use it). Make sure that you run it! All of th Anti-Virus programs mentioned are good at keeping you from getting a new virus. But if you all ready have a virus that is eating up resources most Anti-Virus programs can't kill them. Avast runs preboot and will get EVERYTHING. And the Avast personal edition is FREE.