Venison Carpaccio

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
The only restaurant I really go to anymore is a sushi place here in town, and their ahi carpaccio is amazing, so I decided to try it with ahi of the hills...

Sauce: I mixed about 50/50 EVOO with dark ponzu, and added equal minced ginger and minced garlic and mixed the sauce well.

Meat: Place the loin in the freezer for a few hours (if defrosted) so it is partially frozen and cut thin pieces of loin approx 1/4" thick. Then use a slightly wet mallet to pound thin enough to see through.

Place some greens on the plate and plate the meat, then cover all with the sauce/ dressing.

Then enjoy...

I may not cook another piece of loin again.

Attachments

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
sierrahunter1 said:
Great presentation! I'd be a little worried about toxoplasmosis, but it's unlikely.
I had never heard of that till you posted.

I am only using stuff frozen solid 90 days plus, but I guess its a risk. Probably less a risk than eating at any restaurant (especially chipotle).

Thanks guys, this is something I will do again for sure!

meatgetter

this is really awesome. great job thinking outside the box! how many ounces of meat do you think is on that plate? i think you could really get a lot of carpaccio out of just 1 steak?

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
I would guess 4-6 ozs honestly. I meant to weigh it, but once I got started my mouth was watering too much to even do so! It really was incredible and makes that super valuable loin last longer than just grilling.

I have probably one day's left of wild carnitas left in the fridge, but after that is eaten I will have a few nights of carpaccio.

meatgetter

bearclaw said:
I would guess 4-6 ozs honestly. I meant to weigh it, but once I got started my mouth was watering too much to even do so! It really was incredible and makes that super valuable loin last longer than just grilling.

I have probably one day's left of wild carnitas left in the fridge, but after that is eaten I will have a few nights of carpaccio.
bingo! kudos to you.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
meatgetter said:

bingo! kudos to you.
Thanks! Now go try it!

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
BOWUNTR said:
Dude, this post is really weird... Ed F
I figured you would dig this one, but maybe ya'll crazy Arizonians that still don't know who won president in your state don't know good food either!