Upland Opener

GoneBirding

UPLAND NUT
Reaction score
Been some time since I posted on my second home TOF. Work has got me by the neck, chained to my desk and had no time to scout or even look and plan which direction to go this opener. I understand that #'s are not up yet but I was able to free myself from work for the opener.
With that being said, any TOF'er would like to meet up this opener and hunt a couple of quail or chukar? Where's my Upland brothers doing this opener? Shoot me a pm and lets talk, I have hunted with a few members from this forum and I can provide refrences :smiley-wnk-yellow: and I also have a great dog with a good nose, he is 10 now so don't expect a full day hunt out of him :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

MapMan

Reaction score
GB (Haney), got your voice message, sorry I did not get back to you. I had right shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago and will miss most, if not all this Upland Season. Sucks, and I have a lot of lead shells that need to be used up. Both our dogs are getting old, but that just means we can keep up with them better!! Do you plan to get your young son out in the field this year?

Good luck. I plan to live vicariously this year reading about the exploits of the other upland hunters.....so post up guys!

Attachments

• IMG_6224.JPG
    IMG_6224.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 3

red dog

Reaction score
."
I had right shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago "
Map man, I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. I also had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago. Then I screwed it up running a coyote away from my pup. Now on week 2 from 2nd surgery. It suck to be on the sidelines.

GoneBirding

UPLAND NUT
Reaction score
Sorry for the later reply fellows. I ended up going solo chasing chukar with no luck, gonna save my gas and shells for pheasant season

MapMan

Reaction score
Poco Loco,
Had a friend go up to Red Mountain last week, and some other surrounding areas. Didn't see or hear a Chukar.

Haney (GB),
Were you in the local high desert areas?