Turkey legs

JNDEER

I don't for that peice............But, what I did with the last one was to actually de-bone the meat and I made some turkey jerky......It was awesome

ilovesprig

Phil,

I boil them......Then pull or cut the meat away from the tendons & bone......I then cut it up into small pieces and add a full bottle of salsa of choice.

Makes outstanding burritos, salads, or sandwiches.

weekender21

Rice Quacker said:
Okay Ilovesprig (Steve) I tried those turkey leg/thigh tacos and they were OUTSTANDING!
Spill the beans! I'd love a step-by-step how to on this one. I'm living in a hotel this month but I think I have enough cooking stuff to pull this off. Those tacos look great! 

ilovesprig

Andy,

It's pretty simple...........You will need a big pot of boiling water (add salt to water)..........Watch pot because this brown foam will boil over. If it does, turn down heat a little....In about 20-30 minutes, check legs.....They should be done.....Pull legs out and let cool some, but not cold. Then start cutting and pulling meat away from tendons and bone. You'll end up with a pile of meat (I do 6 legs). Take a large bladed knife and start cutting cross ways, until the meat is in very small fine pieces........Put in bowl and add full jar of salsa of choice (maybe less with 2 legs). I like medium hot corn & bean from Wal-Mart .I also add Garlic pepper & Tapatio........ Mix well and ready to eat.

Tortilla's, cheese, cilantro, lettuce, & sour cream.........Always a super bowl favorite............. :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

muledeer07

I'll add some to Steve's way of cooking, I boil mine as well but I add chicken stock and boil quite a bit longer. To the point that the meat falls off the bones. When done strip the meat off and either pull or cut it up into bite size pieces. At that point do what you want with it. I like to make Turkey, corn, bean soup.
2 legs and thighs
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of white kidney beans
1 can of Corn
20 oz of diced tomatoes and green chile
1/2 an onion
1 1oz package of Ranch dressing mix
1 package of Lawry's taco seasoning
Tortilla strips on top of the soup when serving.

Good stuff.

ofdscooby

I throw the whole leg thigh in the crock pot with all the stew fixings by the end of the day those nasty tendons harden up like spagetti and come right out

JNDEER

Never an easy way to eat the legs. This year I cut up the meat off the bone, brine it for a couple days (salt/sugar), pounded it some then flour fried it. Came out ok.

Ambush

I smoke legs, the crock with mexican seasoning, pull, the enchiladas. Not tough and one of everybodys favorite.