Treadmill

the supernuge

Lord of the 'fly's'
Ours has about 10k on it, maybe more. Pretty durable. All the standard settings including heart rate etc. It inclines like crazy too. I will get the brand and get back with you. Hope that helps.

youngr24

QUOTE (Arrowslinger @ Feb 3 2010, 03:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=248863
Save the money and run outside.

Time, kids and wife in school full time are keeping me off the pavment right know. I love to run outside more than I do on a treadmill but i have to do what i have to do to stay in shape...

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Right on! That's dedication and maximizing your time to its fullest. If there's anything i can do to help you with your training/running, let me know.

SDHNTR

I can't run on pavement as it gives me painful shin splints so I am forced to hamster it out at the gym. From what I have heard, most of the cheap sporting goods store models are junk. They break and wear out and you can't repair them. Get an industrial strength one from a gym. Call the local gyms around town and see if they will be upgrading soon. They often unload the old units pretty cheap. They might still have lots of life left in them and are rebuildable and fixable. My gym just got rid of some for $500-700 and they were really nice ones. I almost bought the wife one for Christmas, then realized that might not be a good idea.

youngr24

QUOTE (Arrowslinger @ Feb 3 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=248867
Right on! That's dedication and maximizing your time to its fullest. If there's anything i can do to help you with your training/running, let me know.

I will thanks...

Anyone have a good treadmill that they would recomend...Im thinking about just finding one on craigslist. I don't plan on owning it for very long...

JNDEER

QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Feb 3 2010, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=248868
I can't run on pavement as it gives me painful shin splints so I am forced to hamster it out at the gym. From what I have heard, most of the cheap sporting goods store models are junk. They break and wear out and you can't repair them. Get an industrial strength one from a gym. Call the local gyms around town and see if they will be upgrading soon. They often unload the old units pretty cheap. They might still have lots of life left in them and are rebuildable and fixable. My gym just got rid of some for $500-700 and they were really nice ones. I almost bought the wife one for Christmas, then realized that might not be a good idea.

Huh, I get the splints running on the tredmil's...weird

Youngr - My wife and I got one from Big 5 (cheapo for like $225 or so), with a 3 year warranty. Not sure of the brand, but it is a basic tred with incline ability to 10 and speed up to like 12 or so. I have been running on it a lot due to the weather and time constraints and it does work very well. I usually like to use the tred for "hiking." I will put on a backpack with some of my weights (around 50-75#), put it on the incline of 10 at about 3.7 speed and have at it...It is also nice to be able to watch hunting on the TV while I am walking!

meatgetter

Youngr - Nike+ is a device that tracks your distance, pace, speed, etc. when you run. There is a small chip that you place in or on your shoe, and a receiver that you wear as a watch or plug into your iPod. You run, and the chip sends info to the receiver about your run. When you get home, you can upload the data from the receiver to your profile online at nike.com or other sites, and you can track your progress.

It's a pretty cool deal...

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
I got a garmin 305 a few years ago, I love it. I hate running with music or on a treadmill, took years but now I love to run.

We have a life fitness or something like that. Got from costco and has held up pretty well.

When I was a gym rat, and a mgr of a small gym back home Star Trac was top notch.

Like SD said, industrials are fixable, but in my opinion a cheaper treadmill will handle anything you throw at it, or flop on it.

The biggest wear and tear on treadmills comes from moving them and such. Ours has been moved 6 times now and each time it loses years.

My favorite thing was putting a kid in a backpack and hiking. Now the backpack hurts them too much or I still would, hard to beat that for specificity in training for hunting.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
im not much of a runner....i prefer the weights..but the wife has a stairstepper to keep her ass in shape..when i have a big hunt coming up..i'll put the pack on with a 45pound plate
and hit that sucker for awhile..gets the quads burning good,then i'll carb up with a few cold ones after words.. :beer-toast:

cduck

In laws bought us a really nice one about 7 years ago for Christmas. I think it was the top of the line one from Sears.......it's great for stacking saddle pads and blankets on top......and those little handles that come out are great for holding bridals and reins.......It's been used maybe......MAYBE....5 times before it became a mini tack room for our horse stuff.....LOL!!!!

i'd sell ya mine...but there's too much $%#@ on it and it would take too much energy to find another place for all that stuff......

Take Arrowslinger's advice......run outside!!!

MartyC

We don't have a treadmill, but an elliptical. Wife wanted one years back. Bought it at Sears. Like Colusa, it has more stuff piled on it than the number of times it has been used. I think the kids used it more than the wife. I preferred running outdoors; especially through the wooded areas. Wear camo, it makes for a fun run at dusk.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
QUOTE (hatchet1 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=249012
im not much of a runner....i prefer the weights..but the wife has a stairstepper to keep her ass in shape..when i have a big hunt coming up..i'll put the pack on with a 45pound plate
and hit that sucker for awhile..gets the quads burning good,then i'll carb up with a few cold ones after words.. :beer-toast:

Time to carb load this weekend!!!!!

I am doing 12-15 miles saturday so I don't have to skimp on the beer Sunday...

Though even if I don't run Saturday, I will still drink the same. I just feel better pretending I give a shat...