trapping non-fur bearing animals.

MOTO_REGGIE_2M

Reaction score
This should start a good conversation for the day. I had a mouse the other day at my house. Naturally i went to town and picked up some mouse traps. As i looked at all the options on the shelf, (stick pads, poison, live traps and the tradition crushing traps.) i grabbed a set of stick pads. They work awesome. So question for the day. Is it illegal to live trap, sticky pad trap, crush trap or even poison a mouse without a trapping license? non-game animal that is not causing harm.
results of the stick pad was a tiny field mouse that got thrown in the trash
---- go----

(g) Use of Conibear Traps, Snares, Cage and Box Traps, Nets, Suitcase-type Live Beaver Traps and Common Rat and Mouse Traps for Purposes Unrelated to Recreation or Commerce in Fur. Conibear traps, snares, cage and box traps, nets, suitcase-type live beaver traps and common rat and mouse traps may be used by individuals to take authorized mammals for purposes unrelated to recreation or commerce in fur, including, but not limited to, the protection of property, in accordance with subsections (1) through (5) below. Except for common rat and mouse traps, all traps used pursuant to this subsection must be numbered as required by subsection (f)(1) above. The prohibitions of subsections (c) and (d) above shall apply to any furbearing or nongame mammal taken by a conibear trap or snare pursuant to this subsection (g)

Spaslab

Reaction score
There is a ton of crap in the trapping regs. Things on hunting at night with lights, and stuff that actually pertains to trapping such as diseases (now that body hold traps are not allowed, a lot of the other stuff is largely irrelevant). I remember coming across the exact verbiage some place on the trapping of mice and of course it is legal. But that said when printed out to study for the trapping test, the regs and study materials filled a medium 3 ring binder up pretty dang full. So good luck finding the exact legal phrase you are looking for half the time...

1984cj7

Reaction score
just get a cat reggie and let the cat get the ticket :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

TonyS

Reaction score
Get a bird dog. Mine loves to find mice in the house. He grabs their tail and throws 'em around until they finally die.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
This should do the trick...................... :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

Attachments

• DSCF1279.JPG
    DSCF1279.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 1

socalcowboy

Reaction score
What about gophers I have a ton of gophers and I was thinking of getting some traps but now I dont know if I should.