Transporting long guns.

GUNDOGLOVER

Reaction score
Is it still legal to transport long guns in non-locking case, as per Ca. penal code 25400 or has that been updated to treat long gun the same as handguns. Asking to be on the safe side when traveling from home to the field. I have always secured them in locking case just because but, I would rather just put them in soft case.

chessie

Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer but the code states (bold my emphasis):

Penal Code 25400 PC reads: "A person is guilty of carrying a concealed firearm when the person does any of the following: (1) Carries concealed within any vehicle that is under the person's control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

Not sure you could conceal a long gun on your person, unless wearing a trench coat.

https://www.losangelescriminallawyer.pro/california-penal-code-section-25400-pc-carrying-a-concealed-fire.html

In the link Item #1 and 3, and this: "A firearm capable of being concealed on a person is any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile is expelled or discharged through a barrel by the force of an explosion or other form of combustion and that has a barrel length of 16 inches or less."

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
I fucking hate California

It’s my understanding that transporting to or from hunting or shooting that they are not considered concealed.... but I can’t find the code.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
Love the above post...fck face was allowed...finally!! Theres hope!!right on snoop!!

Spanky

Reaction score
snoopdogg said:
Here you go, straight from fukfaces website. https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel
I do not know what an Assault Weapon is that the fukfascists are talking about. My definition of "Assault Weapon" is any item that is used in commission of an assault. It could be a gun; but then again, if I get in an argument at Denny's while eating a Breakfast Slam and decide to bury my yolk-covered fork into the grill of the guy sitting across from me, that in essence is an "Assault Weapon"! Not sure if Denny's registers their forks or not!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.09.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.09.52 PM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 0

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Hey gang... double check this but I think this is the code that allows you to carry while hunting, fishing or traveling to

Code 25-640

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Here it is.....

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=25640

Section 25400 does not apply to, or affect, licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.
(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 6. (SB 1080) Effective January 1, 2011. Operative January 1, 2012, by Sec. 10 of Ch. 711.)

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
You'll drive yourself craze interpreting the law.....

CC while fishing/hunting as long as it's legal in that area and not in a public area. So you can't carry from the car to trail head or the car to the boat at the launch or beach.

And then some rangers go overboard so know the rules. And don't be surprised if you need to call the sheriff to wake the ranger up!