Took the Bait

YORT40

Reaction score
OK
So I sucked in the Camofire lure & bit on this new pack @ 50% off. Does anyone have any experience with this Easton Fullbore backpack?
Its similar to the Badlands 2800 but has some extras like the hauling straps on the back & a dry sack. I don't know if I will ever use the dry sack, seems to take up too much room when not in use. The compartment flaps (like the 2800) are cool cause they fold over each other, and the pack will really compress.

Anyways, anyone know how this pack will work, or am I going to start getting more calls about buying a water skiing lake in Death valley.

Troy

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Troy,

The water skiing lake in Death Valley sounds cool.................. :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
YORT40 said:
OK
So I sucked in the Camofire lure & bit on this new pack @ 50% off. Does anyone have any experience with this Easton Fullbore backpack?
Its similar to the Badlands 2800 but has some extras like the hauling straps on the back & a dry sack. I don't know if I will ever use the dry sack, seems to take up too much room when not in use. The compartment flaps (like the 2800) are cool cause they fold over each other, and the pack will really compress.

Anyways, anyone know how this pack will work, or am I going to start getting more calls about buying a water skiing lake in Death valley.

Troy
Don't know a single person that own's one, so you'll be our tester on it...post up once it arrives with pics and such!

imnrut

Reaction score
Looks interesting enough T. I wouldn't mind fondling it myself. I may have taken the bait too if I didn't have half a dozen packs in the garage already. That reminds me... I missed my PA meeting this week. Crap.

YORT40

Reaction score
I've got it @ home.
Looks like it will do the job, but I've got to load some weight to it to find how solid the support is.
The zippers & stitching don't seem to be as strong as the badlands packs, but we will see.
1 item which was worth every penny I spent, is the emergency whistle built in to the shoulder strap. :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Troy

'Ike'

Road Trip!
Reaction score
YORT40 said:
I've got it @ home.
Looks like it will do the job, but I've got to load some weight to it to find how solid the support is.
The zippers & stitching don't seem to be as strong as the badlands packs, but we will see.
1 item which was worth every penny I spent, is the emergency whistle built in to the shoulder strap. :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Troy
You never know when a good whistle may be needed...Load that bad boy up and camp out in the backyard...

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
The real test would be to load it up with a jug of water and hike the streets of LA Jolla... if you have the balls to do it... Ed F

BigWave

Reaction score
:smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

Nobody we know does that in SD do they?

imnrut

Reaction score
YORT40 said:
Rape whistles come in very handy T... especially in LA Jolla.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Still around girls. Killed a few pigs, a couple TX deer, a little local buck, couple bobcats, and went on a fun elk hunt this year. But done even more stroller pushing and diaper changing. All good in my hood, just don't come around here much anymore. Too much duck talk.

paulc

Reaction score
Quack Quack. Someone has to keep the duck hunters in line. I miss yours and Eds exchanges. :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

YORT40

Reaction score
So I unloaded the badlands & filled up the Easton with all my regular stuff.
I went for a little walk with the pack on my back. Pretty comfortable & it compressed nicely.
The only item that concerns me is that the main compartment is much smaller than most packs. Meaning that my water bladder takes most of the space, and there's not much room to stuff in the game bags or extra shirt. But the wings have slots which can handle those items.

Troy

steaduecf65

Reaction score
new here bump.....
8.jpg

2rocky

Reaction score
YORT40 said:
So I unloaded the badlands & filled up the Easton with all my regular stuff.
I went for a little walk with the pack on my back. Pretty comfortable & it compressed nicely.
The only item that concerns me is that the main compartment is much smaller than most packs. Meaning that my water bladder takes most of the space, and there's not much room to stuff in the game bags or extra shirt. But the wings have slots which can handle those items.

Troy
you need to mow the yard with it on to earn your "Animal" badge....

YORT40

Reaction score
So I've taken a pack on several hikes, & have decided that it's not going to work as well as my 2800.
The main compartment is just too small to pack my needs. And if I want to haul more, I have to attach the "Dry sack" which comes with the pack.
But I'll keep the whistle!

Troy

msasser

Reaction score
Bummer........but the whistle could be fun

I still use my MR w/NICE frame but no whistle.
Its a bit heavy compared to some but it has tons of options and can haul more than I can carry.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
i leave my pack in the truck on purpose..i always make sure the hunters have nice big empty packs when we decend into hells canyon...i will however carry out the empty water bottles crushed up to fit in my pockets..thats how i role :smiley-yellow: