Tomahawks in the air....

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Phack..... here we go!

Trump is doing what Obama should have done when Asad gassed his people the 1st time.

Praying this doesn't escalate.... we don't need to lose anymore of our men and women in the military in that fucking desert!

'Ike'

Road Trip!
Reaction score
Thump 'em...Actually, I think this is to show China, we have no problem smacking the fat kid in North Korea if they don't get a handle on him!

fish dog

Reaction score
You mean we're not going to just say "bad boy, don't do that again" like OJbama would have? We're actually going to take action? There is a new Sheriff in town now, isn't there?

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
Let's finish it!! I have 3 boys coming of age....Mama is not happy..

pitdog

Old and grumpy
Reaction score
Something is wrong here. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain and EVERYTHING to lose by this chemical attack. I call BS! I have my theory, but it's ugly and I don't even want to say it. But there's a big stink in the air.

paulc

Reaction score
We need to get the hell out of the middle east. Trump made all the wrong people happy by doing this. Why do they think they can influence anything there for the better? Just created more refugees.

[email protected]

Reaction score
pitdog said:
Something is wrong here. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain and EVERYTHING to lose by this chemical attack. I call BS! I have my theory, but it's ugly and I don't even want to say it. But there's a big stink in the air.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

'Ike'

Road Trip!
Reaction score
I think General Keane said it all....

"This is an incredible message," Keane said. "It should have been sent many years ago by the Obama administration."

He added that this also shows China that Trump will use the military option if he has to.

Now, he said, China might be more receptive to cooperating with the U.S. to deal with North Korea's burgeoning nuclear program.

Keane said that after eight years of passivity under President Obama, we now have a man of action as commander-in-chief.

"He's taken a very limited action, but it sends an incredibly strong message to our adversaries in the world, who are paying attention, believe me," Keane said. "We have a decisive president who is going to act on behalf of U.S. national interests and the interests of our allies."

"That is an unequivocally, loud, clear message."

TonyS

Reaction score
Whacking the poisoners was a warning to China about that fat kid. Whacks happen.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
pitdog said:
The whole thing was odd. With China right next to Trump as well.

Although reports this morning are showing that Assad is going to maybe use this as ammo to fight harder against the terrorist groups that did this attack (supposedly).... Although this article could just be fluff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/outrage-and-indignation-in-syrian-state-media-as-us-launches-first-attack-on-assad/2017/04/07/fe4f6cf8-1b11-11e7-8598-9a99da559f9e_story.html?utm_term=.261dba0f8168

meatgetter

Reaction score
I love that we have the Russians a "heads up" that we were taking action. Trump has the Kremlin on speed dial.

"Yo Vlad, Donny here. Yeah we're gonna drop some bombs tonight, FYI."

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
Syria has a history of using gas, including chlorine bombs over the past several weeks. Assad is a sociopath. Nerve gas is not something terrorists could whip up in a basement lab.

The Russians were notified because we have "de-conflicting protocol" with them to make sure our/their guys don't take out each other accidentally. It was set up a few years ago after US and Russian fighters nearly shot each other down.. Supposedly Putin was not notified and is pissed. Could be Kabuki theater, but so what? Gotta wonder what Pres. Xi is thinking. Probably pissed off he got upstaged.

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Reaction score
Trump may be playing chess while I'm thinking of checkers but 1,000 Syrian lives are not worth 1 American life. We've had 16 years straight of active war in the middle east and I'm tired of it. My libertarian roots tell me that we should be taking care of things at home and let the inbreeding sand people sort out their own mess.

GUNDOGLOVER

Reaction score
I fully understand peoples reluctance to get involved in what they consider other countries problems but, I always come back to where would the world be now if the USA decided to take a hands off stance in the fight over Hitler. In a perfect world people would not attack each other over religious believes, land disputes, oil, ect, ect, but we surly do live in a perfect world and there comes a time where the guys in white hates have to say enough is enough. Think back to how this all started in 2011, when kids were tortured for voicing their support for the Arab spring movement, then people were killed by the Assad regime when they rebelled about the torture of the boys., Iran and Russia took Assad side and the rest of the world did nothing to stop the killings. 16 years later here we are.

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Reaction score
The difference between Nazi Germany and the middle east is that the people under Hitler's boot were, for the most part, allies of the US and showed gratitude for our help. We could solve every single problem in the middle east and they would still hate our guts and want to kill us. So screw them.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Hogskin said:
The difference between Nazi Germany and the middle east is that the people under Hitler's boot were, for the most part, allies of the US and showed gratitude for our help. We could solve every single problem in the middle east and they would still hate our guts and want to kill us. So screw them.
Hard not to think that way for sure!!

wiggie

Reaction score
The chemical attack was a false flag. Assad had nothing to gain by gassing those people.

GUNDOGLOVER

Reaction score
I disagree, he has always ruled with an iron fist just like his father. He was sending a message to the people, keep up the fight and this is what you will get. Problem he now has, is there is now someone who will do something about it, not just draw an imaginary red line in the sand. I am with most people, I wish we could just mind to are own affairs but, it's not the perfect world we all wish it to be.