The Passing of a Legend

paulc

Reaction score
I spoke to him on the phone a long time ago in regards to desert mule deer. We was helpful and polite. I heard many good things about him.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
I spoke to him on the phone a long time ago in regards to desert mule deer. We was helpful and polite. I heard many good things about him.
Paul, he had stacks and stacks of pictures from game cams that DWU had planted all around. Lets just say there are some BIG deer in them mountains. He also had a picture he took from doing head counts of bighorn while in a helo with DFW, mountain lion chasing a ram at full speed. Crazy picture.

MapMan

Reaction score
Just saw this as well. My son and I helped Leon many years ago build the original pheasant pens behind Gibson’s. His wife fed us all home made fried chicken. Went down to help out several other times over the years. My son really enjoyed helping to catch and release the Pheasant in the fields before the season started. Leon was one of a kind and contributed greatly to hunters and conservation.
RIP....

D12 Tracker

Reaction score
DWU is alive and well. His great work continues on and is growing. Contact info isnt hard to find, let's all pitch in to keep it going. I heard there is a whole new flight pen being constructed soon for the pheasants and mallards.

huntin fool

Reaction score
DWU is alive and well. His great work continues on and is growing. Contact info isnt hard to find, let's all pitch in to keep it going. I heard there is a whole new flight pen being constructed soon for the pheasants and mallards.
That's great to hear. I was concerned with Leon's passing. A truly great man with a selfless outlook, and a great legacy he has left