Taxidermy

huntsducks75

Reaction score
Has any one used them before, my cousin shot a banded bull sprig at Wister on sat. He wants to use Darius but the one year turn around from him is kinda long I know he is one of the best but that is a long time to get your bid back..or if any one has a recommendation. Thanks

quackquackboom!!

Reaction score
QUOTE (huntsducks75 @ Nov 21 2011, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350031
Has any one used them before, my cousin shot a banded bull sprig at Wister on sat. He wants to use Darius but the one year turn around from him is kinda long I know he is one of the best but that is a long time to get your bid back..or if any one has a recommendation. Thanks

Just dropped a blue phase off to him and he put in writing it will be done by june no questions asked. he is all moved in and able to bang them out faster now. i also have had great work done by the game room taxidermy before as well.

rino

Reaction score
i went to simons in norco some people say his no good but i took my wood to him last year and it looks great, jalso just drooped off a goose on sat he said a 8 week turn around

rino

Reaction score
i live in alta loma also i can show you my wood duck if you want to see his work

Arise

Reaction score
IMO, Jesse from Absolute Perfection Taxidermy is one of the best when it comes to big game, specifically africian mounts. I would go w/ someone who has a knac for birds like Darius or Glass eye. Reach an agreement when you drop off your bird and get it in writing.

huntsducks75

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys..Simmons sounds good 8 weeks is fast..also I forgot bout Glasseye I seen his work on here, where is Glasseye located at.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
QUOTE (huntsducks75 @ Nov 21 2011, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350074
Thanks for the info guys..Simmons sounds good 8 weeks is fast..also I forgot bout Glasseye I seen his work on here, where is Glasseye located at.

Breck (glass eye ) is in el centro.

Just remember who ever you choose ......Darius , Breck or any other top bird guy.....ther is a reason they have a waiting period. Because they do good work and they are in demand! You can't rush perfection.
If this bird is a true trophy and something you want to show off for years, don't get in a rush. Do your research check the different websites and see who's work you like and be patient. You can never redo a finished mount.

huntsducks75

Reaction score
For sure Socalduckie,I have several from Darius, But a year is a long time.Some times I forgot that he had them

boarhunter67

Reaction score
QUOTE (huntsducks75 @ Nov 21 2011, 07:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350128
For sure Socalduckie,I have several from Darius, But a year is a long time.Some times I forgot that he had them

A year is about average for taxidermy work. Some of us are faster, some are slower. I don't do birds but the only two people I would send birds to Steve Williams in Bakersfield and Brecks--in Visalia I think. I've seen Brecks' work and had clients who had some previous mounts done by him. I've worked with Steve Williams. He goes to South America and other places just to bird watch. He is amazing with birds. He has about a year waiting period. He is getting up in years and no longer does pigs or elk so he refers anything too big to me and I send any bird work to him since he's in the same town as me. I don't know Darius or any of the others, but whomever you choose make sure you look at their work.

Reaction score
QUOTE (huntsducks75 @ Nov 21 2011, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350031

Jesse does good work, He's done all of my mounts, some are better than others but all in all he does good work. He gives me a pretty good deal but I usually don't press him for time, he's had a hen buffelhead and a pair of blue bills of mine for over a year.

Good luck

sherpa1

Reaction score
Check out Waterfowl Creations. Mike is a young guy who works at Turners in Fountain Valley and does great work. I have had a ring neck and a buffelhead done in the past. I am dropping off a Hungarian Partridge to him today.

mdhpper

Reaction score
I just checked out Mike's website, his prices seem very reasonable. Thanks for the info.