Tags Out, Stamps In

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
ed..its my understanding they will continue to send us ex ca. guys our 5 tags with our lifetime licenses...they should just pony up the stamp...but then we would have to shoot 6 instead of 5 a year.. ha!...did I say how much I hate the exotic feral swine? this will be a huge money loss for ca. surprised they are gonna push it threw..

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
God I hate Ca. And the exotic feral swine...dummy's had a money maker...LOL.!!!

sportyg

from what I hear it is going to be about 15.00 but who knows and will one have to buy a tag for each pig ??????

bigboarstopper

Don’t step in the BS

I’ve done quite a bit of investigation on this new bill I will give you the jist on the controversy. On the surface the bill looks good. No pig tags, more freedom for land owners to control pig populations. In the fine print you will see that Dfg is given permission to ignore the “no pigs tags” part and still issue tags or charge unreasonable rates for the new annual “stamp” system. In addition, all high fence hog hunting operations like “big horn canyon ranch” will no longer be allowed. The more you look into the law the more you see that they are really throwing hunters and land owners the image of more hog hunting oppertunity at lower costs but in essence they are banning high fence hunting and giving the dfg the “option” to adopt the rest of the positive hunting aspects. Which we all know they won’t and instead increase rates under a new definition of hogs as an “exotic” species. And by the way folks, this law is partially supported by our good friends at the HSUS. And we all know that means the majority of this is BS
_______

outdoorplay

Founder
bigboarstopper said:
Don’t step in the BS

I’ve done quite a bit of investigation on this new bill I will give you the jist on the controversy. On the surface the bill looks good. No pig tags, more freedom for land owners to control pig populations. In the fine print you will see that Dfg is given permission to ignore the “no pigs tags” part and still issue tags or charge unreasonable rates for the new annual “stamp” system. In addition, all high fence hog hunting operations like “big horn canyon ranch” will no longer be allowed. The more you look into the law the more you see that they are really throwing hunters and land owners the image of more hog hunting oppertunity at lower costs but in essence they are banning high fence hunting and giving the dfg the “option” to adopt the rest of the positive hunting aspects. Which we all know they won’t and instead increase rates under a new definition of hogs as an “exotic” species. And by the way folks, this law is partially supported by our good friends at the HSUS. And we all know that means the majority of this is BS
_______
sounds like the back door Cal goes through

Ambush

Besides the mess Bigbore brought up imagine this could reduce take. If dfg takes this as a unlimited opportunity and sets the base rate at $100 or more. For the public land hunter that only takes one or two hogs a year at twenty bucks a pop if hes lucky the new stamp will be hard to swallow.

GUNDOGLOVER

As of this week the powers to be are still, in their typical bureaucratically way are still working this out. As per this weeks WON.