Stuck Bolt

SDHNTR

Tmoniz has it I believe. Too much headspace. While this is common for a hot round like a 7mm mag, it's rare for a rifle with so few shots through it. Basically what happens over time is that repeated firing of hot rounds wear out the throat of the chamber ever so slightly. You have a minute amount of dead space when the round is chambered. When you fire a new round the brass expands and fills the void. Then it gets hard to pull out. As to why this is happening with a somewhat virgin rifle, no idea. Call Browning Cust Service. Try other ammo too. You may have got an overly hot batch.

bpnclark

The first problem is you're shooting a Browning.

I'm a little late getting here but the only times I have had problems with a stuck bolt was from shooting hot loads on a hot day. Factory loads should be very far from "hot". If they are hot you'll see a little "bolt stamp" on the base (near the primmer). And the time it happened to me, we needed a hammer to get the bolt open.

DEERSLAM

This would be a lot easier except that he shoots factory loads. Try another brand Kirk and let us know what's up.

tmoniz

See that's the kicker.
He's shooting factory loads. Factory is pretty much a one size fits all affair.
You can take the how far the bullets are from the lands. The condition of the throat and all that and throw it out the window.
And I don't think it's a chamber issue.

It's a puzzler.

Tmon

Unless some previously fired rounds were particularly erosive. AS said he has fired as many as 300 rounds in that rifle. What's the typical barrel life of a 7mag?

Either way I would report that lot# to Federal and let them look at it.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Last night i found some old spent shells, put'em in the chamber and they came out much easier than the ones from last weekend......i'll sling some lead thru it this coming weekend and give you guys a report. I've got 3 weeks to get this gun dialed in, some where up in Oregon a bear is enjoying his last month on this earth.

DEERSLAM

Last night i found some old spent shells, put'em in the chamber and they came out much easier than the ones from last weekend......i'll sling some lead thru it this coming weekend and give you guys a report. I've got 3 weeks to get this gun dialed in, some where up in Oregon a bear is enjoying his last month on this earth.

Don't procrastinate my friend.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Quick update: i cleaned the hell out of the chamber and think that was the issue. It cycles pretty good now, still just a hair tight getting the bolt back. Still need to clean it better with some solvent, but it'll work for now and is shooting very well.

Tomorrow at this time i'll be glassing for bears, so hope to have some pics by Tuesday.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

kirk.