Struck Out Across the Board

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Well the good Lord must know I don't need to do much hunting this year with a new baby due mid -September! You have to be exceptionally unlucky for the below screenshot to occur in Florida. Honestly to the point it should be impossible. Several of those Quota hunt applications have 12-15 choices. My last couple choices for each were gimme tags with ~95% draw odds. Should I take this as divine intervention and just skip the hunting woods all together for a year?!? LOL.

Attachments

• Florida_draws.PNG
    Florida_draws.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 0

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Yeah, bummed I'm not going to be chasing giant lizards this year -- that's a blast. The other applications were for Whitetail and Boar. Florida does have the opportunity for Sambar deer as well, I'll start applying for those next year.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Maybe they're just hazing the new guy?
Aside from the draw luck, how's the new territory? I've heard it's real green over there.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Tom,

Do you still have the opportunity for OTC tags? Maybe private land only?

Fowl Play

Reaction score
New territories great, was out there two weeks back for an inspection on the house we're closing on at the end of the month, and definitely very green (and flush with mosquitos). All in all though, it's going to be a great move. Was driving around the Cape for a weekend, and seeing deer and boar on the side of the road on the way to work is going to be a welcome difference from the concrete and smog now.

And Nick, I'll still have a few options nearby to hunt without a quota permit (as they're called), just normally you snag one or two which allows you a little bit less crowded of a place to hunt. Once I get a boat, it'll open up allot of options.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Tom,

There's still some D-16's available.....................lol

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
Fowl Play said:
New territories great, was out there two weeks back for an inspection on the house we're closing on at the end of the month, and definitely very green (and flush with mosquitos). All in all though, it's going to be a great move. Was driving around the Cape for a weekend, and seeing deer and boar on the side of the road on the way to work is going to be a welcome difference from the concrete and smog now.

And Nick, I'll still have a few options nearby to hunt without a quota permit (as they're called), just normally you snag one or two which allows you a little bit less crowded of a place to hunt. Once I get a boat, it'll open up allot of options.
buy mine it needs a good home