Storing Your Bows

Stick&String

How do you guys store your bows during the off season? I have a problem with the bolts heads on the sight and rest getting a little rusty. What do you guys do to prevent this?

Nick-

lurediver

Winner!
QUOTE (Stick&String @ Feb 9 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=250088
How do you guys store your bows during the off season? I have a problem with the bolts heads on the sight and rest getting a little rusty. What do you guys do to prevent this?

Nick-

Nick I put a little gun oil on them.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Though probably unwarranted I didn't use petro based oils for the smell factor and used a qtip and olive oil or whatever is in the pantry.

Before hunts I would do the same as well. But I never have "stored" a bow. Shoot it as often as possible, which without the rain is about 5 days a week year round.

Stick&String

QUOTE (bearclaw @ Feb 9 2010, 03:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=250096
Though probably unwarranted I didn't use petro based oils for the smell factor and used a qtip and olive oil or whatever is in the pantry.

Before hunts I would do the same as well. But I never have "stored" a bow. Shoot it as often as possible, which without the rain is about 5 days a week year round.

We have been getting some pretty solid rain here lately and I have been trying to work as much as possible due to screwed up finances so my bow has been hanging on my wall for about 2 months.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
I am surely missing my minimum quota with the rain, but I still shoot as much as I can, even if two arrows only.

Shooting a trad bow is a much slower process than a compound was and I can't afford to let it slip, got to whip Nate's butt at the state broadhead in a few months...

youngr24

I try to shoot every day at least 10-15 shots just to prataice form...the bow hangs on a hook in the garage but I do use a cooking oil on a q-tip on all the bolt about once a month just to keep the rust down...If i know that i won't be shooting or going out of town it goes in the safe...

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Mines setting on the floor in my office. Every nut and bolt on my bow is covered in rust, makes it look cooler! On long trips, my bow gets wet and rusts, its all part of it.

Hunt Crazy in CA

dont store it bud!!! pick it up find a local 3-d and shoot it...try to shoot it everyday....you will thankyourself when hunting season roll around again!!!

JNDEER

i spray some rusty duck spray i got from wally and it has really been in the rain lately and not a drop of rust on it (no "smell factor" either)