Stone Glacier

ofdscooby

Reaction score
Anybody got the 411 on these packs. They look like the real deal and light. I'm thinking of getting the 1800 and the rolltop storage sack to go with it for meat.

BigWave

Reaction score
I have a SG setup. I've struggled with fit off and on. I think I've got it dialed in now. I have the Krux frame with both the Solo (3300") bag and the Approach (1800") bag. It's really light and well made. Handles a heavy load very good. I've packed out 3 deer in mine this season. That 1800 bag setup is really pretty perfect for day hunting. Its all I've used so far. The Solo should be good for up to 4-5 days of backpacking, hopefully.

My only issue has been with fit with a heavy load, but like I said, I think I have it dialed now. For me I needed the accessory lumbar pad. It made all the difference in the world. All very well made stuff!!

BigWave

Reaction score
My Wyoming whitey from a few weeks ago, all boned out and stuffed into the meat shelf of my Stone Glacier Approach.

Attachments

• SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 3

ofdscooby

Reaction score
Thanks dave for the response nice job on whitey. Dave I have a pretty short torso and the Blacks Creek pack has worked well for me does the Stone Glacier have as much adjustability in the torso?

BigWave

Reaction score

2rocky

Reaction score
Big Wave, How quick is the change over between the Approach and the Solo bags? I could see myself using both to go to my camp, a few miles in and hunting with the Approach after dropping camp in the Solo off.

BigWave

Reaction score
2rocky said:
Big Wave, How quick is the change over between the Approach and the Solo bags? I could see myself using both to go to my camp, a few miles in and hunting with the Approach after dropping camp in the Solo off.
Maybe 2 minutes. Its a pretty slick setup. That was kinda my plan as well, but even if you left the Solo bag on its still stupid light, if that was your worry. I really dig the Approach bag though. Its just enough room for day hunting with the ability to haul out a big load sandwiched in the load shelf between the bag and the frame.

imnrut

Reaction score
I bought the Solo last year. Like BigWave stated, very well made and Kurt was very helpful.
The only thing I didn't care for was the lack of pockets on the Solo. They do offer an optic pocket accessory that buckles on the back of the pack. However, I wanted a modification. Luckily I have a buddy who is very handy with the sewing machine. I bought two of the optics pockets and had him sew one to each side of the pack. He did an amazing job. It is by far my most favorite pack to date.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I may have a Solo up for sale here shortly. Bag only.

LP_805

Reaction score
imnrut....any chance you can post some pics of the mods you made to your solo bag? any updates on performance?

I just ordered the solo/approach and will be trying it out on a 3day trip coming up. Chose this combo over the new sky bags bc I am most interested in approach as day bag. The solo will be used for trips to Eastern Sierras/Colorado.

(btw..1st post here. Hi all! recognize many of you from various forums. Im out of central ca hunting and do majority of my hunting in the los padres NF. So I go by username LP 805).

2rocky

Reaction score
BW, I'm thinkin, you could just use a stuff sack with the Camp gear in it instead of the Solo. Put it in the load sling, drop camp and go stalkin'...