Spenceville Wildlife Area

bpnclark

Has anyone hunted this area or walks/jogs it? I guess a lot of people hunt turkeys there, but I guess they have some deer? My daughter drew the J-16 either sex tag and I'm thinking about driving up there on Sat for the day to check it out. We want to take the first doe we see. Anyone know where they hang out at?

bpnclark

It is the Nevada City either sex. My buddy moved Smartsville and we're going to visit him on Sat. Not sure how much time I'll have to spend on the J-16 hunt, so I thought we'd throw the 243 in the car and see if we could get a doe.

I sent you guys a PM. Thanks :beer-toast:

SCREWLOOSE

There's a pond on Long Ravine road that is close to the property line for Spenceville. This pond 'may' still have water but,
with this rain I guess it doesn't really matter.

If nothing make a drive thru the area and then hit the range for a little trigger time.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
that young blond headed kid that plays warden on 'wild justice' says its a crack house up there..i would,nt chance it bro with my daughter..surley there are other options for a doe elsewheres with that tag??

bpnclark

Daugherty Hill better???? I put her in for the late season hunts there but she's never drawn it. Might check it out instead to see what the areas like.....

SCREWLOOSE

Shhhhh, Daugherty Hill is my secret honey hole. Use the Dolan Harding road access point.

Hit Collins Lake for some ice cream after the hunt. You can access some good areas from Collins, enter the W.A. by the damn.

bpnclark

Haha! I was thinking of doing the day use at the lake just to use the bathroom before I go out! Now you tell me they have ice cream!

nicapopolis

paulc said:
I dont know anything about that area, but, I would hunt the area that has the ice cream.
Now I know how to poach Paul's spots. Look near the ice cream parlor, or bribe him with ice cream.

bpnclark

Arrowslinger said:
Does this tag include placer co?
No. Its Nevada and Sierra County (north of 80). I messed up this year and put in for this one instead of the D5 one. We were supposed to have a group hunt with a couple guys at Downieville but we drew C tags instead, and the guys dont want to buy/go on a second D3 hunt now.........