Son's first deer

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
View attachment 70947

I'm so proud of my son. After two general rifle seasons, a deer-less Jr hunt season last year and three days of hard hunting this year; he finally was able to take a shot at a deer. The deer may be small but he is so proud of himself, and I'm proud of him too. He work so hard last year and this year; he earned this. He spotted the deer on his own at 150 yard and made a well placed shot with his .243. He learned how to field dress a deer and even dragged it out; well part of the way. I helped him drag it out of the brush filled canyons.

My son is so happy he has not stopped smiling and has talked about his hunt all day. He even bragged to his mom how he was able to get a deer before she has (she started deer hunting a couple of years ago).

I'm so happy I was able to experience his first big game kill with him; something I was not able to do with my dad. I was an adult, had come back from military service, and had killed a few deer while stationed throughout the US before I was able to kill a deer with my dad. Unfortunately my father felt he was too old and chose not to hunt this year, so he was not present with us on this hunt.

This experience brought a tear to my eye, something that does not come easy for me. This memory will stay with me throughout this life and the world to come.

Attachments

• 20171120_065537 (1).jpg
    20171120_065537 (1).jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 0

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Manny,

That is totally awesome......Congrats to you both..... :smiley_10sign: :smiley_10sign: :smiley_10sign:

nicapopolis

Reaction score
How cool is that. Deer doesn't look small to me. Looks perfect.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
The smile says it all. Congrats to the young man!

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
I was that kid 31 years ago. Love it. And what a great experience to share with your son.

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
And right there is a moment & bond that no one can take away from you. You're obviously teaching him well. Congratulations to you both.

JNDEER

Reaction score
Fantastic! Nothing like your first and getting your hands a little stained learning the process

sierrahunter1

Reaction score
Ya! Friggin' awesome! Look at that smile. He's going to beam every time you all have venison for dinner.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
nothing better really...that memory will be with ya forever..don't care to pull the trigger much anymore myself, let the future generation do the dirty work..i like to just stand there and take it all in..congrats to you and your boy!!!!

One Track

Reaction score
That's a great accomplishment. Not just shooting the deer, but more so, the resilience it takes to get it done. Congrats to both of you. Kids that hunt, don't mug old ladies. I'm sure it's the start of many memory-making hunting trips. Enjoy. It goes fast.

amadorhunter

Reaction score
That is absolutely fantastic. Love the smile on his face. You will both never forget that hunt. :smiley_10sign: