so here's my take on the legal fight issues

c.tague

Reaction score
i ask myself, how do these people succeed so often in taking away our rights? the only thing i can come up with is this: the activist are the ones making the noice, you know, the squeeky wheel gets the oil... anyhow, the only ones who have time to sqeek, the rest of us are busy LIVING A PRODUCTIVE FREAKING LIFE!!!
that being said, i think the only thing that will ever change is for us to also have some kind of squeek or protest or rally. but thats hard to do when we're busy people trying to get by, i know.
i have never done anything like that before but i'm totally down to take a day off and go pick in sacramento if anyone else wants to take a stand.
i don't have any suggestions on what issue or when but if someone comes up with something worth fighting for and can rally some more troops or people, im in.

bottom line, i'm fed up with people telling me what i can't do.

it's funny, i've been hunting for almost 20 years and never seen anyone shot but there's always push against guns. however, there's really no fight agains drunk driving and i know first hand that this kills people having lost my 16 yr old sister to a drunk driver.

Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think it would be a safe bet to take if I was to say more people in the United States of America and killed by automobiles than by firearms.

Maybe we should change legislation to ban automobiles, or high capacity automobiles like minivans and suburbans? Maybe just large caliber automobiles like Peterbilt's or Kenworths.

The same argument could be made against obesity. Fat people, myself included, should be locked up since we are killing ourselves by choosing an unhealthy lifestyle.

c.tague

Reaction score
i agree, another comparison, i like cold beer but do we NEED booze at 18% alc? no, but we've got it. high vs. low caliber. it's just a f'd up system and it really bothers me sometimes.

Reaction score
i agree, another comparison, i like cold beer but do we NEED booze at 18% alc? no, but we've got it. high vs. low caliber. it's just a f'd up system and it really bothers me sometimes.

I do not agree with this comparison.

Although I am in favor of saving lives, I am not in favor of more laws.

If you go on the "need" argument, one only "needs" clean water, food and basic shelter to survive. Is that how we want to live?

What most people forget is that the United States of America is NOT a democracy.

c.tague

Reaction score

c.tague

Reaction score
some of those statistics are just assanine (sp)!

Reaction score
"In 2005, the most recent year for which mortality data are available, suicide was the second-leading cause of death among Americans 40 years of age or younger. Among Americans of all ages, more than half of all suicides are gun suicides. In 2005, an average of 46 Americans per day committed suicide with a firearm, accounting for 53% of all completed suicides. Gun suicide during this period accounted for 40% more deaths than gun homicide."

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0805923

So I guess we really should put a little bit of the bad name for guns on ALL PEOPLE WHO MISUSE THEM, which of course includes but is not limited to, Junior Seau.

Reaction score
I have no sympathy for Junior Seau. If you want to kill yourself, fine, have at it, just don't use a gun coward. Junior Seau hurt gun owner as a whole by taking his own life with a firearm.

SCREWLOOSE

Reaction score
Back to the topic, I AGREE!!

Everytime I hear a new law is passed I just shake my head and wonder if the law makers really think criminals really give a crap!

Schedule something on a Monday morning and I'll picket with you. Unless I'm already on the picket line at work....

2rocky

Reaction score
Curtmann,

I think the best way is to have a close relationship with your representative. And I mean first name basis, personal communication close. When they have to vote on an issue that affects you personally your word means more than a bunch of nameless emails.

Sometimes you may have differing opinions on their platform, but when it is your ox being gored, you want to be sure that they have your interest in mind.

c.tague

Reaction score

I do not agree with this comparison.

Although I am in favor of saving lives, I am not in favor of more laws.

If you go on the "need" argument, one only "needs" clean water, food and basic shelter to survive. Is that how we want to live?

What most people forget is that the United States of America is NOT a democracy.

i agree 100%, my point, that i expressed poorly, is that they pick and choose what they want to villianize just so long as it doesn't affect them or their lives. they all love their cocktails at the coat and tie parties they attend and i have no problem with that, i do to but don't pick out something that you don't participate in and make it a criminal act just because you don't like it. (the politicians that is).

curt