Snow and duck full bodies..look natural together?

beretta619

Reaction score
Looking to get a few more fb duck decoys this off season and was thinking about adding a few snow full bodies as well. I don't really target snows, but thought they might add to the look of the spread.

My question is, would it look natural to have let's say 6 snow decoys and a mix of pintail and mallard FBs together on the dike at Wister?

dylan

News Maker
Reaction score
I bet you at some time in the 114 closed zone their has been 6 snow geese frolicing next to some mallards and sprig in the water or on the dike.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Lots of mallards are killed right smack dab in the middle of snow spreads when in fields. I assume those mallard that decoy in would know what they are getting themselves into.

So we have sprig and mallards that we know like snows.

How many more duck species can we add?

ilovesprig

Reaction score
How about spoons with rossie's?............ :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 1

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Cazador Suerte said:
Proof that the duck hunting season is over....boredom has set in.
I cleaned out my truck this past weekend. First time in months it hasn't had an article of mammal or bird hunting in it. Sad day.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
db, that a collared Ross Goose. Ross geese aren't as aggressive as snows so they will pile in with the ducks.

Having some snow full bodies anywhere will act as a confidence decoy

beretta619

Reaction score
How about if I'm hunting a blind at Wister that rarely sees snows? Would FB snows on the bank still be a good confidence for ducks?

slinky_70

Reaction score
I used to hunt snows and ducks combined many times at Wister. We would usually place the snows on one side and either north or south of our ducks decoys on the other side. We would have some awesome hunts for both ducks and geese. I am now of the opinion that the snows will flair from duck decoys and the ducks will flair from snow decoys. I think this is a result of how the refuge has been cleared / moon scaped.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Used to put out 3 snow floaters with the duck spread..... Seemed to help..... But what do I know I'm a cluber