Smith and wesson 460 XVR want to buy

MOTO_REGGIE_2M

after countless hours on the internet and calling everyone within 200 miles. i cannot find a california legal version smith and wesson 460 xvr with 12in barrel. model #170280. gun has to have the letter (a) or (c )stamped into the receiver to be legal. even after ordering one from budsguns.com, just to be returned because of the markings. if anyone knows where one is at, or has seen one at the local gun shop please let me know.

BOWUNTR said:
What makes it illegal? Ed F
It doesn't have the letter "A" or "B" stamped on the receiver. Those ones are evil. Just ask a bureaucrat.

On the other hand ... metal letter stamps are pretty cheap. Just sayin'

Huntndogs

Google Davidson's Gun Genie, they are a major wholesaler of firearms for many dealers. I saw they had several of what your looking for (not sure if they have the dreaded letter or not). Plug in your zip code and hit search and a Davidson's authorized dealer should pop up for you to call. There were about 6 12" performance center models this morning, but geez, $13-1600 bucks?

MOTO_REGGIE_2M

none of them are California legal, i called all the dealers. most of them are out of state. and the gun does not have the A or B stamp.

I have 1... Bought it a few years ago.. Nice gun... Took a pig at about 60 yds on a 460 rd.. TOO MUCH gun honestly for any game here in Cali... Where u located? I might sell for the right$$$

MOTOREGGIE said:
none of them are California legal, i called all the dealers. most of them are out of state. and the gun does not have the A or B stamp.
Just to clarify for folks who don't know the law, they are legal to own and buy/sell via private party sales via an FFL. Not on the list so cannot be imported into CA by dealers. Thanks SB15 and California Association of Firearms Retailers.