Skunks

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? I have a skunk family that has burrowed under a shed....shouldnt be too difficult to get into a trap, but then what?

Professionals want to charge like $200 plus $75 for each animal caught.

Can buy my own trap for like $50.00, but wondering how to get the animal off site without stinking up my truck.

Thoughts?

Killer B

Throwing arrow weed in the water near you
Reaction score
I saw some clown on some exterminator show the other day trap a skunk. He put a blanket over the trap and the thing didn't spray.

raiderfan

Reaction score
Wont Animal Control come out and remove them for you? Thought that was one of the things our tax dollars paid for.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
We called the county animal control and they brought a box trap out. He said as long as it's dark inside the trap, the skunk will not spray.
As soon as we caught the critter, they came and picked it up.

just_ducky_1

Reaction score
Get one of those sulfur smelling giant smoke bombs from Lowe's. Comes in a 4 pack. Light one toss it down the hole, cover hole walk away.

upper

Reaction score
Ok put the trap in a wading pool (empty).Trap the skunk.Fill the pool with water(hose already set up).Package the critter with Twinkies and send...............Upper

Killer B

Throwing arrow weed in the water near you
Reaction score
QUOTE (upper @ Feb 11 2011, 08:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=310127
Ok put the trap in a wading pool (empty).Trap the skunk.Fill the pool with water(hose already set up).Package the critter with Twinkies and send...............Upper

:smiley-funny-post-sign:

raiderfan

Reaction score
Call your local chapter of Peta. Tell them you are going to kill the skunks if they don't come out today and get them. Then just stand upwind and laugh as they get sprayed.

tmoniz

Reaction score
My uncle shot two of them under my grandmother's farm house. I was the only one that could fit under the house.
I puked up my breakfast. My Dad burned my clothes. I had to bath in some concoction. It got me out of school.
I hit a couple with a hay swather. I bailed and went running.
Damn.
When they cut loose there's nothing worse.

T$

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips boys, appreciate it.

Flooded the hole at night when they were out of the den, and they haven't been back yet.....trap has been purchased and is on standby if they return.

Talcom powder spread near the hole to help make "tracks" so you can know when they are "in" or "out" was very helpful.

tinner

Reaction score

have a neighbor who would trap them and put trap in large trashcan full of water with cinder block on top. i guess the water also keeps the oils from hitting the air and stinking too bad.

jringading

Big Game Assassin & Sherpa
Reaction score
QUOTE (tinner @ Feb 16 2011, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=310634

have a neighbor who would trap them and put trap in large trashcan full of water with cinder block on top. i guess the water also keeps the oils from hitting the air and stinking too bad.

I have heard that if you skin them out when they are under water you can't smell them. Don't know if it's true or not but a couple different guys have told me that.

upper

Reaction score
I tried Jeremy,no way anybody can hold their breath that long.And I am a low life.google Kid Rock......Upper

joncro55

Reaction score
How about simply putting some 4 x 4 wire mesh over the are under the shed that they are able to get in an out of? Either they will die inside and won't be able to get out, or if they are outside, they will never be able to get back in again. This stuff is strong too, order some cut pieces and fasten and fashion them as need be.

upper

Reaction score
Welcome.Joncro55.....................Smell ya later..................Upper