SJ in the off season

nicapopolis

Reaction score
The article says admission is free. Isn't that only for people with a hunting or fishing license technically?

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
Good question. There was an unattended kiosk next to one SJ parking area. Maybe it just gets winked at.

fish dog

Reaction score
nicapopolis said:
The article says admission is free. Isn't that only for people with a hunting or fishing license technically?
Technically non-license holders are supposed to get that DFW lands day pass (or whatever they call it) but...since the Master plan (forgot the "official" name of that too, but lets call it that for now) hasn't bee approved yet they can't charge the fee right now (this is how Tom explained it to me a while back). This is the same document that, when approved, will open up the Portero Unit up to the public and allow hunting there...if it ever happens.

SBISHOP79

Reaction score
fish dog said:
Technically non-license holders are supposed to get that DFW lands day pass (or whatever they call it) but...since the Master plan (forgot the "official" name of that too, but lets call it that for now) hasn't bee approved yet they can't charge the fee right now (this is how Tom explained it to me a while back). This is the same document that, when approved, will open up the Portero Unit up to the public and allow hunting there...if it ever happens.
They have been talking about the Potrero unit for 8 to 10 years now. It's never going to open. From what I've seen ,in pictures, there is still a lot of clean up needed.

fish dog

Reaction score
THE_NEW_GUY said:
They have been talking about the Potrero unit for 8 to 10 years now. It's never going to open. From what I've seen ,in pictures, there is still a lot of clean up needed.

Sadly I believe you're right.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
A loooonng time ago (seems like olde tyme 25 or 30 years ago), I did a DFG family chukar hunt somewhere in the Jamul area. Could this have been on part of the Potrero unit?

ilovesprig

Reaction score
A loooonng time ago (seems like olde tyme 25 or 30 years ago), I did a DFG family chukar hunt somewhere in the Jamul area. Could this have been on part of the Potrero unit?
No Jay......It's up by San Jacinto.

Nimrod

Reaction score
Love the picture of "ducks and geese" taking flight! :smiley-wave-hello-yellow: :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign: