Salton Sea Documentary

Ducky's Dad

Reaction score
Definitely worth watching, although somewhat depressing. Especially in light of the Colorado River water deal that was signed last week. I don't have all the details, but Imperial Irrigation District was holding out for restoration funds for The Sea, and they were over ruled on some sort of administrative or procedural loophole, despite their senior water rights. Money had been budgeted and approved in the past, and yet nothing happens. Same old, same old...

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Lost cause amigos!! You can thank Sonny Bono for taking that ski trip.... To soon?

If the Sea doesn’t make the state money they don’t care... and they will toss billions at the clean up after it drys up.

END OF STORY

slinky_70

Reaction score
Yet the state and these POS polititions continue to pour billions of dollars into a train that has not use and no future. Hope the Fed is successful in pulling the money back from these worthless liberals. Unfortunately I do not see this state being able to recover. Now our POS governor is going to take the illegal gasoline tax the was GUARANTEED to be spent on road infrastructure and spend it on homeless shelters.

Ducky's Dad

Reaction score
Newsom is a lying sack of crap. Hair boy with a lot of rich friends, what a putz.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
The real problem in a nutshell. The people who can fix it just don't give a $hit

Yet there is something about the Salton Sea that leads many lawmakers to ignore the urgency and put off remediation programs. It’s just so far south — off the mental map of officials who represent more densely populated urban areas to the north, like Los Angeles. It is hydrologically unconnected to the Bay Area and the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, which supplies water for so much of the state’s agricultural and residential use. It is a disaster in the making, yet it is an afterthought.
They have heard officials promise repeatedly to fix this catastrophe by creating wetlands that moisten the exposed bed and sustain an ecosystem that continues to support migratory birds on the Pacific Flyway. They have repeatedly seen those promises broken.

chessie

Reaction score

Attachments

• SaltonSea-MiamiDailyNews-4-18-1949.gif
    SaltonSea-MiamiDailyNews-4-18-1949.gif
    153.9 KB · Views: 3

nicapopolis

Reaction score

fish dog

Reaction score
EWe

nicapopolis said:
Wants me to subscribe to see it. Ain't gonna happen. Will not subscribe to that communist rag either online or in print.
They allow a few free articles a month. Try again after March 31st.

Hahahah. Already read too many communist articles this month.

Well, the limit must be really low, like one or two as I'll click on links to stuff on FaceBook, not realizing whoever posted it was linking to the LA Communist Times and this is what I usually get.

GUNDOGLOVER

Reaction score
I wouldn't believe the scores of sporting events, if that paper was the only source.