Rick young bino harness

Ambush

Anybody tried one? Does it bounce when running or jumping? Does the part in the back create problems with a pack?

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
They bounce like a set of man boobs..really have not found a better system out there as good as the s4 ..then again..my binos just sit in the front seat of the truck most of the time.

Ambush

S4 looks ok, may need to go the Kiui route. Little better coverage from rain looks like.

srmiller85

They work great, if you're worried about bouncing just stretch the elastic cord around each objective lens, or just one side usually works fine, they'll never flop when secured like that.

I make them from shock cord and large swivels. I do have an S4 and it does work great but the Rick Young style weighs almost nothing, costs almost nothing and is better if hunting warm weather IMO.

Ambush

srmiller85 said:
They work great, if you're worried about bouncing just stretch the elastic cord around each objective lens, or just one side usually works fine, they'll never flop when secured like that.

I make them from shock cord and large swivels. I do have an S4 and it does work great but the Rick Young style weighs almost nothing, costs almost nothing and is better if hunting warm weather IMO.
I saw that method on his video.

The tensioner in the back looks like a pack would smash it into your back? Can you move it so its not in your back?

srmiller85

ilovesprig said:
Welcome SRM,

Pro staffer?......................... :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:
I used to be a pro-staffer, I got a 10% cut of every $25 harness they sold, now I'm filthy rich and retired. I just sit around counting my money all day.

No, I just thought I'd help a guy out. Not worth the $25 IMO when you can build it yourself.

Ambush

srmiller85 said:
Welcome SRM,

Pro staffer?......................... :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:
I used to be a pro-staffer, I got a 10% cut of every $25 harness they sold, now I'm filthy rich and retired. I just sit around counting my money all day.

No, I just thought I'd help a guy out. Not worth the $25 IMO when you can build it yourself.
BIngo :smiley-usa-flag-raise:

Modoc

Resurrecting an old thread. I’ve been using them for several years now on a couple pair of binoculars and my Nikon DSLR with a 70-300 mm lens. The don’t bounce any more than any other strap system that I’ve used. Decent weight distribution, and the adjustment clip has not interfered with a pack. Could I have made it myself for less? Yes, but I try to support those who come up with good ideas and put them into production.

lol I ca say is to find a friend with some and try them to see if they will work for you. I have a box full of miscellaneous harnesses and straps that should go out on the next yard sale.