Remington Bankruptcy Filing

Ducky's Dad

Reaction score
Bloomberg reported today that Remington has announced they will be filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, which is really a reorganization/restructuring play. Look for more details in the next couple of days.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
All the gun manufacturers were sort of banking on a Clinton win. In business, you lead with your head, not your heart. Trump has been bad for business. The publicly traded gun manufacturers stocks have been getting hammered.

PatWeatherby

Reaction score
How did they bank on Clinton? No matter what tribe you like more, Trump administration incl. his son is IMO more pro-gun/hunting and in general way more business-supporting than Clinton. See deregulations and now tax cuts. I haven't read the article yet, but I'm curious about the intentions.

Fowl Play

Reaction score
PatWeatherby said:
How did they bank on Clinton? No matter what tribe you like more, Trump administration incl. his son is IMO more pro-gun/hunting and in general way more business-supporting than Clinton. See deregulations and now tax cuts. I haven't read the article yet, but I'm curious about the intentions.
DK's referring to the fact that people don't flock to gun stores in droves sweeping up guns and ammo fearing their 2nd amendment rights are going to be taken away when Trump's in office. Gun manufacturers don't have the fear fed stockup purchasing they enjoyed in the last couple years. Only reason it could have been a bad thing for gun/ammo manufacturers is if they made risky choices to increase production/inventory in preparation for a Hillary win and then shot themselves in the foot.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
Fowl Play is correct. I didn't say they personally liked the prospect of a Clinton presidency, just that they realized Clinton, like Obama, would be good for business.

As things turned out, they have lots of inventory and slow sales. So help them out and go buy a new gun or 2 or 3. And ammo. Lots of ammo, as in CA we are still in stock up mode because of the state level tyrants.