reel rebuilder?

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Hey guys my grandpa gave me some of his ocean reels and I would like to get them gone through or rebuilt. They are Newell's (sp). Does anyone have a place to recommend to send them? Thanks

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Piece of cake to do yourself. Just buy drag washers, disassemble, clean, lube and put back together. Ed F

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but if you live close enough to Norwal try Jason Blackwell at Bobs Tackle on Firestone Blvd.
Jason is a great guy, bought the shop several years ago. He worked for Bobs ( Bob Prescott) for many years before buying the store. Also very knowledgable fisherman; both Freshwater Bass and Saltwater.

DMax

Reaction score
THE LONG FIN SALES PARTS FOR MOST ALL REELS/POLES..... TUSTIN /CHAPMAN/55 FRWY

ilovesprig

Reaction score
What ever happened to Sav-On bait & tackle in I think Norwalk? How about Bob's in Norwalk?

fishingkid

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a shop or someone that can help me out I got 1 Newell that needs drags and something wrong it doesn't want to go in and out of free spool I also got a few saltist in need of a service.

7DUX

Reaction score
Skeet- I'm not the least bit mechanically inclined but used to work on all my Newells all the time when I fished a lot. Penn 500 drags for all of them, Smoooth brand or HT100. Bearings are the only thing likely to need maintenance other than grease on the gears. Oil the bearings or replace if they're bad. If you can't find parts closer Fisherman's Landing would likely have anything you need.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies sounds like something I should be able to figure out myself.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Ed thanks for the great offer. :smiley_10sign: I did the standard youtube route and got them done. Now hopefully I can get back out and give them a try this week

SDHNTR

Reaction score
There's like 10-12 parts total in a Newell. If you're not completely drunk and can turn a screwdriver you can fix anything that might be wrong with them in just a few minutes. Really simple reels. Parts are still readily available too.