recording your hunt

c.tague

Reaction score
i'm thinking about trying to record a lot of my hunt, filming the animals we see, if we see anything.... think i'll try to get an adapter for my spotting scope to get some good pic, maybe the video camera can attach too?

I have a vortex razor HD 16x48... anyone have any experience connecting a camera to this scope?

recommendations for a good camera or camcorder, I've got a typical compact camera and this stupid iphone... anything better out there???

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend that's the true question........then you need some editing software and an extra hard drive terra bit or two...

DSLR take video and can really help your spotting scope go further by enlarging the photo and they have more lens options but it's not great for shooting strictly video. It's a little hard to frame your shots when getting closeups of the hunters next to you or your selfies.

Here is one to look at for camcorders
http://www.campbellcameras.com/Video-Equipment_2/Hunting-Packages/

I use my Sony camcorder it has night vision and takes stills and I use my iPhone but I haven't taken video in awhile just a PITA sometimes.

meatgetter

Reaction score
I recently bought a Sony a5000 mirrorless digital camera and it is great. take great pics and videos. I have not used it for hunting but it is compact enough that I might take it out into the field this year.

c.tague

Reaction score
thanks, i'll see what I can do and hopefully post up something more than a couple little trout...