Recommendations - Non-Lead .22 Cal Hunting Pellets for AirRifle?

TheGDog

Reaction score
Anybody done some testing of the lead-free .22 Cal pellets which they'll allow for hunting?

Was inspecting all the choices at PyramydAir... and while some choices showed promise... there were differences about them which undermined by confidence in then in general. Such as weight in grains being too low... pellet head shapes not of the types designed to expand on impact. Just a lot of pointed tips and and domed tips.

I mean I wanna find something that's gonna mess up my prey the same way the Predator PolyMags do...same why the H&N Terminator's do! Have any of you found a lead-free that fits this description??

sloth1833

Reaction score
Fowl Play said:
Air rifles are not considered firearms in California. I just had one I ordered online shipped to my door last week. If you scroll down in this page there's actually that same question asked where one of the warden's says this directly. Maybe print that out and carry it with you just in case. https://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/tag/non-lead/
Why are you going lead free?

TheGDog

Reaction score
Just wanting to make absolutely sure I have nothing to be hassled about by the dudes in Green Pants.

duck-boy

Reaction score
Then i would call the dudes in green pants for the area you are concerned with....

TheGDog

Reaction score
They did in D13! That was 2015. I'd been a licensed hunter since only 2014 season. When I went into the field... I just brought all tags with me in the envelope they come in... figured that way I can't ever screw-up and leave the right one at home, ya know?

Well Damn... apparently that's highly frowned upon! The guy said (and showed me kinda how) some dudes try to cheat and tag a buck with their rifles... but attempt to utilize their Archery tags to wrap onto the bucks antler. So that they can then try to come back a 2nd time with their real Rifle tag and try to take a 2nd buck. Also he's said that some have tried to shoot the buck with their gun... then shove an arrow thru the entry wound?? Seemed retarded to me.. you'd clearly be able to tell if they did that by examing the post-mortem evidence I thought.

He was a tad bit tightly wound. (It's pretty bad when *I* am the guy that says that about you!) But.. I was tired as heck and crazy hot and sweaty and didn't have a buck anyway on that outing. So I was like go ahead, look thru anything you want, it's your world I'm just a squirrel.