Real ID CDL???

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
How many have ever heard of a "Real ID"? Today the bride called the DMV to make an appointment to get a new CDL because her's will expire soon. The DMV person asked if she wanted get a "Real ID" with this renewal. Was a definite WŦF moment. Weeeeell, looks like sooner or later all of us US citizens will have use for one. Witness:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/realid

aaaaaannnd there's a "non Real ID" too.

https://www.crpa.org/crpa-news/firearms-purchases-identification-issued-ca-dmv/

aaaaaannd even more...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ing-use-of-non-real-ids-for-firearm-purchases

Ya can't make this stuff up.

sloth1833

Reaction score
Got mine when I moved to Idaho. To my knowledge if you fly you must have one by the end of the year or you will not be able to fly commerical.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Got mine as soon as it was available because mine was up. Still need passport for international.

Ambush

Reaction score
So let me understand this: they have given so many illegals DLs, I need to pay to get a "real" ID. Bullshite!!!!

sloth1833

Reaction score
Ambush said:
So let me understand this: they have given so many illegals DLs, I need to pay to get a "real" ID. Bullshite!!!!
California politics at their finest

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
Isn't it a Federal mandate?

Got mine last year when I renewed my CDL.... That's Colorado license.

SCREWLOOSE

Reaction score
If you have a passport you can substitute that for a real ID. Tried to get mine before my commercial license expires in September. Ca DMV wanted me to retake ALL of my tests (7). I said I’ll wait until September.

Modoc

Reaction score
I had to get mine done and missed the fine print in the mailed out renewal. Another issue for me was being to access federal facilities that need an ID.

Zach

Reaction score
SCREWLOOSE said:
If you have a passport you can substitute that for a real ID. Tried to get mine before my commercial license expires in September. Ca DMV wanted me to retake ALL of my tests (7). I said I’ll wait until September.
You must have every endorsement!

SCREWLOOSE

Reaction score
Zach said:
Too many.
I would have had to take the class C, motorcycle, Class A, Hazmat, tanker, double/triple, airbrakes, and passenger endorsement.

To many tests just to haul bread.

Zach

Reaction score
SCREWLOOSE said:
Too many.
I would have had to take the class C, motorcycle, Class A, Hazmat, tanker, double/triple, airbrakes, and passenger endorsement.

To many tests just to haul bread.

I hear ya, I had them all in CA except passenger when I drove for TNT Reddaway.