Question for you Kuiu Icon Pro users

socalhntr

Im a little shorter than 5'10 and my torso is roughly 18 1/4-18 3/4. Talking to a rep from Kuiu he said I can either go with the regular frame or tall and most go with regular. Any insight which one I should go with?

JNDEER

IMO taller is always better. The kuiu pro belt doesn't fit me, but it fits my bro well. He is only 5'10" and the tall frame fits him superb, giving him the much needed lift for heavy loads.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
The waist and straps are completely adjustable, so I think you'd be fine either way. I went tall as I despise a short fitting pack.

socalhntr

Thanks for the replies. I ordered it a couple days ago and should be in tomorrow. Started 2nd guessing myself. I will know how it fits tomorrow. Im with arrowslinger. I like a pack that rides a little higher.

Ambush

5-10" here and went tall 32" waist and returned the small belt and went to the large. Much more padding and better fit IMO. Hated my beer gut rubbing on the strap with the small. Ultra not icon pro though.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
if I only had that kinda scratch..go big or go home is words to follow fo show.

D12 Tracker

I'm 5'10" and went with the regular size on my ultra. No problems at all. Absolutely love that pack. Can't say enough about it. I have been carrying it all season since September. Once you get it adjusted correctly its make a full pack of meat feel like a hug from your mother.

socalhntr

Great to hear D12. Looking forward to putting miles on this pack. Sold my Exo and went this route. I hope I dont regret it.

JNDEER

Different packs fit different people better. I prefer the exo over the icon pro. The belt on the exo fits me better. A Large belt on the icon pro fits me like a small/medium on the exo.

seems the pro fits small skinny guy's better then us bigger fellas.

socalhntr

That's what I like to hear Arrowslinger! Plan on getting it a little dirty. Jndeer I ran the small belt on the exo . It fit great and in a 33-34 waist depending on the time of year..lol. But for some reason I didn't like how the exo fit me overall. Plus I like the added compartments on icon pro. With the exo I felt like I was digging through crap to get to crap.

D12 Tracker

The one thing I will add about storage: the ultra has just about zero dedicated and organized storage compartments. I have made excellent use of the Kuiu roll top bags. They make separating and organizing your smaller pieces of gear a dream. I highly recommend them.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
It will look better once it's full of blood and stank.. Little shiny..get to work.finish.