Public Land Oat Processor

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Quick hunt with a few buddies somewhere between Yreka and San Diego. Saw a couple of packs and then this young up and coming stud was indecisive long enough to get the Tikka to bark.

Apparently aiming for the ear, and hitting in the ear means the tracking job is rather short. After an unsuccessful CO elk hunt, the freezer needed meat...

Attachments

Fowl Play

El Maton said:
Come on buddy, West or East of Interstate 5? Congrats on the bacon!
Better be careful with this reply... between the cities listed and that lone oak tree in the background, I am right on the verge of finding your spot :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Congrats on the hog! I see a BBQ in your future. Quick question on the cleaning, do you cut the hide in strips and muscle it off or attach it to the hitch on the truck and put it in drive? haha

JNDEER

Dang BC looking old with that thick beard....cannot even see your smile.

Nice job on the hog. Love me some wild pork.

dain v

Really good looking hog. And to harvest on public land makes it even better. How much fat was on him? Congrats to you and your buddies.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
All swine must die...well above average..kinda makes my back hurt though..I vote for the truck pulling skinning thing..saw it on youtube...guaranteed I give it a try...L.O.L!!! Noce work homer!

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
He was fat and healthy, bud didn't like the new ear canal at all.

Thankfully my buddy was a dumb as me and agreed to dragging it. God forbid I be smart and carry it in my pack or anything... Haven't gutted anything in a while.

I will say head shots make gutting much much cleaner, FYI.

JNDEER

Hatch- the vehicle skinning is slick. Family (road hunters) have been doing it for years. Dang, I need to start killing critters near roads.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
I know a guy who is damn good at it..he may be available after the dove /duck shooter season..let me know and I,ll hook you up..team player for sure.