Prop 63, we get a win

GUNDOGLOVER

A federal judge just today rule a good portion of the law unconstitutional. If you find the case ruling, all you need to read is," it is hereby ordered"

[email protected]

I've read most of the ruling and it's a must read in my opinion. About half way down after a very succinct description of the details in the ruling it states :

At this point, we know that a very large number of law-abiding citizens holding Second Amendment rights have been heavily burdened in order to screen out a very small number of prohibited persons attempting to buy ammunition through legal means.

[email protected]

Also of note is this:

The California Department of Justice noted that there are currently 4.5 million people with distinct entries in the Automated Firearms System. The State estimated that roughly 3 million of these persons would purchase ammunition approximately 4-5 times each year. The estimate forecasts approximately 13 million ammunition transactions with Standard background checks, yearly. In reality, there have been far, far less. In the seven months since July 1, 2019, there have been only 635,856 Standard and Basic checks. What happened to the other 12 million projected ammunition transactions?

SCREWLOOSE

So under Judge Benitez’s finding that it violates interstate commerce laws, couldn’t it also be argued that not being able to buy a firearm while traveling outside of California would violate interstate commerce laws?

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Nice while it lasted...

9th Circus is still a rogue court
Scott, what do you think the next timeline of events looks like?

GUNDOGLOVER

In my opinion, It may get passed to the SCOTUS, if they decide not to here it and pass it back, it's not good news. The ruling will more than likely stand. but in any event it will be months.

Scott, what do you think the next timeline of events looks like?
I Have no idea. Chuck Michel is the attorney and he keeps a summary of events and docs on his website. I imagine they will try for an en banc hearing on the injunction, but when will there be an actual trial? Or will there be? Some people speculate we are in better shape now on en banc hearings because of Trump's appointments, but it remains to be seen.