popx5 goes to Alaska...

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Yep.... we're happy mo fo's. Even sh!!ty Kodiak weather can't keep us down. We went 11 days without showers and were still smiling... There's more, stand by... Ed F

dain v

Reaction score
How did I miss this post? What an awesome trip

popx5

Reaction score
In October of 1977, my father gave me this knife for my 16th birthday. It's a case XX 6265 redbone folding hunter. He won it and a couple others that I have still in the box a trap shoots. He had it engraved "To Tom from Dad 10/7/77". The engraving has all worn off, barely noticeable if you know where to look. My dad taught me how to sharpen a knife with a whet stone as a kid. I have a collection of his and mine now that I regularly use on this and other knives to keep them razor sharp. This old case really holds an edge. One of the best pieces of steel I have, and I have several other old knives. Kind of surprises me how few people know how to sharpen a good knife anymore. Anyway, I have carried this knife on many adventures, and have l cleaned every big game animal i have ever killed with it ( not a pile by any means but a fair amount) and skinned countless coyotes, foxes and bobcats during my trapping days. Five years ago, it slept overnight next to the carcass of the first buck i killed with a bow that Ed put me on in Arizona. I realized i left it there later that night and went back the next morning to get it.

View attachment 67929

Attachments

• Case redbone.JPG
    Case redbone.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Bad ass... pretty cool to see pops in action with it. Made short work of 3 deer in Alaska. I'm pretty sure that knife will see much more action. Maybe next week... Ed F

JNDEER

Reaction score
Nice vids Ed. Peach fruit cups?

Popx- my grandfather had a knife just like that. He would sharpen it with a grinding stone. Great knife.

BigWave

Reaction score
Bad ass you guys!!! I so wanna do this trip in the next couple years!

El Maton

Reaction score
Ed, How difficult was it hunting in that wind? Bad ass trip!

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
It sucks... but you deal with whatever she gives you. That was a beautiful day on Kodiak. Ed F

weekender21

Reaction score
Great trip Ed, you guys are killing me with all the Sitka BT picks this year. I'm getting the itch really bad!!

bmax

Reaction score
looks like an epic trip. would love to experience AK one day.

popx5 said:
In October of 1977, my father gave me this knife for my 16th birthday. He had it engraved "To Tom from Dad 10/7/77".
that's awesome you still have that old knife and all the work you've put it through.

hey, we've got the same birthday