Opener

duck-boy

Reaction score
Are there any waterfowlers that haven't migrated away from this site?

To all that are going out tomorrow good luck and stay safe. Sadly I can't make it, I'll be at my daughter's softball tournament this weekend.

Post up how y'all did.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Softball with the daughter is always a better option. It was slowest opener I ever remember for my group

rick1

Reaction score
S.J. was lights good for the morning guys, I did the afternoon re-fill thing, managed to get 2 teal.

Green House

Reaction score
If it was any other day besides opener I would have drove home after scouting there were that few ducks at Wister. One a positive note, Im glad the flood up was delayed. I was tired of the moss covering the ponds by early December. Should be better now.

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
Hunted Wister Saturday and Sunday. The best and worst opener in my 48 years of hunting Wister.
One of the best, having my nephew with me for his first Duck hunt. He smashed the first Duck that came in Saturday morning. Even as bad as it was he is ready to go again.
He gets it, the whole outdoors thing. He loves to camp and fish, so this was right in his wheelhouse.
As far as Duck numbers, not sure if water was too late or birds just haven’t arrived.
I do know the wind blew Thursday night thru Friday afternoon. Per a buddy, the pond we hunted Saturday was full of birds Friday in the wind. Wind probably pushed birds off the sea.
Cuz Saturday we hardly had any birds work us.
Hopefully with the recent storms in the North and the recent full moon November could be good ???

huntin fool

Reaction score
Your a good man for providing your nephew the opportunity to experience his first duck hunt. It surely is something he will never forget. Well done

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
I can tell you this, a lot of geese just showed up in Canby Oregon, I mean by the 1000's

DMax

Reaction score
TULE /KALAMATH REPORTED AMOUNT OF WATER AND BIRD FOR THERE OPENER