New Zealand is dying

glass eye

Most of you TOFers have seen my post of diy hunts in NZ. I have always urged people to get it while you can because good deals seem to never last. Well, there's a greenie in power there and her mission is to eradicate all non native game animals, that means all big game. She has already begun the slaughter of tahr.

glass eye

FYI, I am planning on going to NZ next May for the tahr rut when they will be sporting their winter coats. I don't mind company but I'll go alone if I must.

El Maton

glass eye said:
FYI, I am planning on going to NZ next May for the tahr rut when they will be sporting their winter coats. I don't mind company but I'll go alone if I must.
Man this sure is tempting!! What else can you hunt while your there?

glass eye

El Maton said:
Man this sure is tempting!! What else can you hunt while your there?
Anything you want. NZ has 7 species of deer, plus tahr, chamois, wallabies, goat, pig. Only waterfowl, upland birds, and fish require a license but that is cheap.

Ps. They plan to exterminate the trout too.

glass eye

snoopdogg said:
Holy crap--that's depressing. Aren't the locals pushing back?
Yes they are but it falls on deaf ears. Hopefully it will stop but the protests of all the 1080 poison drops has availed nothing.

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
I'll tell a few guys that asked

This sucks....I went there in the 80's... good times

SCREWLOOSE

What the greenies are doing to NZ is crazy. Glad you're getting to go before they completely destroy the hunting.