new handgun

tinner

ok. i just got back from turners. i came home with paperwork and a wait for a new ruger SRH in .44mag 9 1/2" barrel. i need to wait extra for the gun t ship to the store. i can o that since it was the gun that i relly wanted. ay it might take up to 2 months to ship to the store. i am a little bummed because i have a javelina hunt feb. all i know is i spent $655 on a gun and i get to shot it 10n days after it comes in. that $655 seems yto be the best price i could ind on the gun. i checked 5 different stores.

tinner

i dont knw what the point of that is. all i know is that is the best price that i could find. i would have been willing tro pay up to $25 more at a mom and pop stotre for the gun just on principal. but what cab i say it wasover $60 cheaper. what would you havee done????????????

tinner

G d what is up with my typing and speling. i am the most part o 6 shhets to the wind now but come on.

Maverick

Tinner what is the reason for the SBH? Is the 44mag what you really wasnt. I would think that 41mag would better for javelina. My choice would be a Bisley Hunter, its single action but do you really think that you could shoot DA at a javelina and hit it.? Your first shot you will have the triiger alreay pulled back right. I also perfer the 7.5 in barrel. I don't want to push you but I was looking at the same gun in 7.5in and choce the bisley. The bisley grip frame is great to shoot it won't punish you like the SRH will. Check this out .

http://www.galleryofguns.com/
They have {31} bisleys in 41 mag with 7.5 for a 100 bucks cheaper.

41 mag is a great round and you will have the gun buy the hunt!

tinner

well i got the .44 because i want to get into hunting the big hogs as well. plus i just thought it was cool.

JDC

Itchin to pull the trigger
Has anybody shot one of the newer Rugers?

How are the triggers?

My trigger is HORRIBLE. heavy, drag, etc.

For the longest time I just figured I could practice enough to compensate. A buddy let me shoot his SW in 44. It had a trigger job done. What a confidence restorer. I could hit everything I pointed at.

Mine has to go back to Ruger to get some work done. I'm going to ask if they can do a trigger adjustment on it.

Congrats on the new pistol Tinner.

If you don't reload, one of the most cost efficient rounds to reload are the 44 mags.

Csbishop

The SRH is a great hunting gun I've had one in .44mag .454 casull and now have one in .480 ruger
Very strong guns and with a wolf spring change the triggers are pretty good.
But they are a ulgy gun not as pretty as a single action.

tinner

Very strong guns and with a wolf spring change the triggers are pretty good.
But they are a ulgy gun not as pretty as a single action.

about how much does that spring change cost and who does it. you bishops are in the chino area right.

tinner

Cs i loked at the link. do all 5 of those springs go into the gun? can you recomend a good starter book for a guy who only knows how to load the gun and pull the triger.

tinner

do you think we could hook up and let me try out your gun with the spring change before i do it to mine?

tinner

Cs, why did you choose the wolf over the wilson.what might be the difference other then $.30. they both have the same tension springs in the pack.

Csbishop

Cs i loked at the link. do all 5 of those springs go into the gun? can you recomend a good starter book for a guy who only knows how to load the gun and pull the triger.
You use two of the springs

do you think we could hook up and let me try out your gun with the spring change before i do it to mine?
Sure, its not a drastic change just takes a couple of pounds off.

Cs, why did you choose the wolf over the wilson.what might be the difference other then $.30. they both have the same tension springs in the pack.
Wolf springs have a good rep in the six gun world and wilson in the 1911 world I'm sure they are both good springs.