new hand gun for christmas

tinner

i seem to be having a hard time finding either one. i went to the gun show in del mar yesterday and that was a huge disappointment. gotta recollect my thoughts and get my head back in line and think straight again then i will undertake this again. but moma gave me the ok to get the gun for christmas.

RayBo

For my money I'd go with the S&W. Its trigger seems to be better than the ruger. The underlugging of the barrel seems to aid in accuracy too. Years ago I was torn between the the S&W and Ruger in 357 mag. I never regretted going with the S&W. I never regretted my decision. Merry Christmas! :beer-toast:

tinner

well ray i went with the SRH 9 1/2" barrel. next x-mas will be a scope. B-I-L has the same gun with 7 1/2" barrel. he has no problem with accuracy out to 100 yds. hasnt shot anything to speak of any farther.

RayBo

Hi Tinner-
I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice. Come to think of it, there seem to be lots of scoped SRHs in the field. Enjoy and Merry Christmas. :smiley-hitting-self:

Arise

Do we have a Ruger hater in the house Raybo?? J/k :smiley-hitting-self:

I bought the Ruger in 357 and saved some bucks. I do like the S&W just as much, if not more.

Flip a coin tinner. Thay are both Great guns.

tinner

thanks ray and jason. i cant wait for the dang thing to get into the store. it was special ordered from the factory. up to 2 months wait.